Bulbs

V.T. Eric Layton

All I can say is,

"Sometimes even the blind pig can find the light switch."

Government of the People, vs. the People, by the blind,rich, corrupt, selfish.......

Edited by amenditman

All I can say is,

"Sometimes even the blind pig can find the light switch."

Government of the People, vs. the People, by the blind,rich, corrupt, selfish.......

Maybe, but people like John Timmer believes he knows better and is better than the masses and that he has prophetic wisdom.

Congress did not block the capability of manufacturers or consumer to "increase their efficiency" . You want to spend the extra $5 on the switch that uses less light in its bulb, go right ahead - they are still there on the shelf.

Guest LilBambi

A reprieve to give time for the cost of LED lighting to come down would be prudent actually.

CFLs make me much more nervous than incandescent bulbs which don't have mercury in them.

I would love to be able to use all LED bulbs but they are still way too expensive. MTBF is much better too. Even better than the CFLs that we are currently using. We only have one or two areas where incandescents are needed. One of which is in the fridge as we talked about earlier. Another is the back porch where we use an incandescent to buffer the cold because the pipes to the upstairs bathroom are over that unheated porch and believe it or not, the incandescent does buffer the cold along that ceiling a bit.

V.T. Eric Layton

I've never done that. I don't have a pump shed... or a pump. Besides, I'm in Tampa, FL. How often does the pump shed freeze here? ;)

Yes, Eric. You live in the nice part of the Tampa area, close to the water where it stays nice and warm.

Those of us living out here in the hinterlands get some pretty hard freezes regularly.

Nothing compared to our Northern neighbors here at Scot's, but mid 20's for several hours are not uncommon and will burst your pipes if they are exposed.

The old light bulb in the pump shed is enough to keep the pipes from bursting.

V.T. Eric Layton

We have modern conveniences here too... sewer and garbage pickup, city water, USPS mail pickup and delivery. We even got electricity nowadays. How's that horse 'n buggy doing? You Brandon Mennonites are unusual folks. ;)

I have just added two new solar lights with motion detectors to my collection. I only need one more and all my outdoor needs will be met.

Have one at the gate, one inside me new porch and one at the wood shed door with a switched solar light inside the wood shed.

The last two were installed three years ago and are still working well.

Be nice to have the majority of me lighting done by solar and led along with heated water. :breakfast:

V.T. Eric Layton

Nah... he'd be pasty-white if he was anemic. He's green, though. Envious of rich slobs who can waste all the electricity they want and never worry about the environment, maybe?

Nah... he'd be pasty-white if he was anemic. He's green, though. Envious of rich slobs who can waste all the electricity they want and never worry about the environment, maybe?

I'm not rich, just live in the PacNW where you people in the rest of the country subsidize my energy costs.

Anemia doesn't have green skin as an effect?

Nah don't tend to get envious of the rich. More that I would like to be independent. An then there is the laziness factor. Cut down your outgoings and you have to work less which gives more time to play. :yes:
  • Like 1