New "LiveCD"

quint

A new version of Aurox Live has been released: "We are glad to announce a new live version of Aurox, numbered 1.4.4. This issue brings support for more winmodems. The most important changes in this release: Connexant HSF last free full speed drivers; lynx added for console browsing; better discovery of SmartLink USB modems; fixes in 'System Settings -> Network': you can activate and deactivate modem connections for some winmodems; Czech translations added; Czech OpenOffice.org help used for this release." The full release notes. Download: 9.3-Live-1.4.4.iso (699MB).
aurox.png(Perhaps one can locate/copy the "pertinent" files, and use on other distros'... :whistling: )

Very interesting the winmodem part . . though the conexant drivers only fit on one kernel version ( so that one has to be the same ):whistling: Bruno

Bruno...I did sone looking on nluug, and it looks like an older version of this livecd is there... how long does it usually take to get the latest version?

Hi Adam . . this does not depend on nluug, but more when Aurox will upload it to nluug . . they tend to do ibiblio first and then slowly feed the rest of the mirrors . . . if nluug is low on their prioritylist it will get it last in line . . :P Bruno

Xandros found the winmodem in my Compaq and it works fine, the only distro to do so.
Yes, Xandros seems to be very good at PCI winmodems (Lucent and USR, in my experience).