Images of other browsers

Greyhound

Are there any images out of the other browsers that are in this forum? Does installing any of these browsers effect IE negitively? :whistling: Also is Firefox and Mozilla the same thing now? Hope these are not dumb questions, as I have never used an alternate browser except once when I had MSN, and then I used IE instead of it.

Greyhound,By images, do you mean screenshots? So you can see what the interface looks like? Here is a Mozilla Screenshot.....Here is Firefox....And Opera....Firefox is built off of the same core (Gecko) as Mozilla, but is designed to be much more streamlined. It works pretty much the same, but does not yet have as many features as the Mozilla suite. It is available from the same site, http://www.mozilla.org .Hope this helps. :whistling:

No problem, Greyhound.....Note that many of the alternative browsers (Mozilla and Firefox included) have the ability to have custom themes, so you can change the look of the browser itself.

I think those will do, thanks.  Now which one is the better one?  I know this should get a few different reponses.
Firefox is super - once I went Firefox I never went back to IE

Greyhound you might want to review this excellent thread. While it doesn't have pictures it does describe a lot of the different browsers available and provides links to their web sites.

Now which one is the better one?  I know this should get a few different reponses.
Mozilla is more mature.... they have had more time to get all the bugs out. It also has more features.

I greatly prefer Firefox to all other browsers. Unless you need a Mail&News Client built in, then Mozilla just seems to bloated for my tastes. Firefox does a much better job on the web browsing parts than Mozilla. Opera is very customizable, but I don't like it (plus it has an ad :whistling: ). I don't recommend Netscape anymore, as it is built off of Mozilla, but hasn't been updated since June or July of last year, while Mozilla has taken large strides since then. Firefox is built off of the Mozilla core, so any benefit that Mozilla has, Firefox should too.Any way you go, you can't go wrong though! As long as you aren't using IE anymore, I'm sure you'll be happy.

But do note that there will be times when you will have to use IE on the occaisonal page and for Windows Update. With Firebird .7, I'm also restricted to plain text in my web mail accounts.

But do note that there will be times when you will have to use IE on the occaisonal page and for Windows Update.  With Firebird .7,  I'm  also restricted to plain text in my web mail accounts.
Thats a good point, Gus K.Remember though: You can always complain to a site if their page doesn't work with your browser. And if you do and they say "Use IE" or "It's not my problem" or something like that, then you can file a bug (for Gecko products--Mozilla, Firefox, Netscape, Beonex, Galeon, K-Meleon, Camino, etc). Many times a web-designer doesn't intentionally lock out other browsers, and they usually don't mind fixing problems.Of course, some of them do. Windows Update is not a site for evangelism, it uses ActiveX and other fun IE specific stuff. But many times sites are willing to fix problems.Also, Gus K, have you tried Firefox 0.8? It's been out for a while now, any reason why you haven't switched?