On the h4xx0ring of p4sswordZ

sunrat

Dan's Data is one of my old favourite sites, Aussie, kinda geeky, with hints of XKCD and rather addictive. And lots of really useful tips. Although his posts are less frequent lately, there's a goldmine to explore.

I just happened across this article, a fascinating insight on passwords. Put your protective sarcasm goggles on. :)

On the h4xx0ring of p4sswordZ

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, and the model behind SQRL makes it extremely difficult (impractical to attempt) to spoof your identity.

Unless someone commandeers your device. they would have to get into the application that contains your identity.

Adam

V.T. Eric Layton

I use reverse psychology when choosing a password because I figure all the hackers are expecting something complicated these days, so I use passwords like "password1", "eric1", and "drowssap". ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

I'm sure everyone realizes my comment above was most definitely tongue-in-cheek. In actuality, I use 128 character minimum passwords created on a CRAY system with random number/character generators using specialized string theorems in conjunction with advanced logarithmic functions. They are so secure even I can't remember them. ;)

They are so secure even I can't remember them. ;)

Well, that will prevent you from accidentally pissing off everyone you know when you are in a drunken stupor.

Try that on Facebook!

• Like 1

I'm sure everyone realizes my comment above was most definitely tongue-in-cheek. In actuality, I use 128 character minimum passwords created on a CRAY system with random number/character generators using specialized string theorems in conjunction with advanced logarithmic functions. They are so secure even I can't remember them. ;)

Everyone knows string theory is the biggest scientific scam since Tesla's earthquake machine.

write your passwords on a 512 qbit quantum computer for REAL security.

Adam

V.T. Eric Layton

Tesla was a character from history with whom I would love to go back in time and have a nice dinner and some conversation. :yes: