Webshots for Linux?

quint

A very interesting, free, program...that works. ;) If a "Linux newbie" like me can figure it out, anyone can. <_< Take a look here:WebDecEnjoy,

I'm proud of you Quint ! Good job ! You're learning fast ! ;) BrunoPS 'newbie' is a word I never use, in your case it even sounds absurt, you're far beyond the point of being new ! <_<

I'm proud of you Quint ! Good job ! You're learning fast ! B)  BrunoPS 'newbie' is a word I never use, in your case it even sounds absurt, you're far beyond the point of being new !  <_<
I could only wish for the day I lose the "newbie" status. :) It was your tips thread that enabled me to work this program out. ;) Thanks, Bruno.

quint:  let us know how it goes if you do attempt this - kinda curious about it
havnblast,I have installed it successfully (thanks to Bruno's tip on "tarballs"), and the helpfile that accompanies the d/l is very straight-forward; then I went to the Webshots site and picked a few photos, d/l, follow WebDec directions, and Bingo! new desktop. Would like to post it, but do not have "on-line storage site". It works quite well - on par with the Windows version of Webshots Desktop. Try it, you'll like it. <_<

havnblast

Cool quint - glad it went well, I might have to try it, but I am thinking about going back to RH 8.0 due to a couple issues, dont know yet - gonna give it some more time first.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this! I used to use webshots all the time on my Windows PC and strange though it seams, It's one of the things I've missed the most! (their backgrounds are really good!).

Thanks for this!  I used to use webshots all the time on my Windows PC and strange though it seams, It's one of the things I've missed the most! (their backgrounds are really good!).
Welcome, chr1s. Just follow the directions...it's great, but also know that there are several Linux sites for amazing backgrounds. :D Linux Backgrounds

Quint... if you want it hosted, just email me with the pic B) Will host no problem :) (PM me if you need my email again). :)

Quint... if you want it hosted, just email me with the pic :)  Will host no problem B)  (PM me if you need my email again). :D
Thanks, Ryan. It was you who enabled me to post the first pictures in the "Forum Test Area":HereThat enabled me time to find a hosting site...that was free. :) Thanks again, Ryan. :)