Cool Music Videos

sunrat

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, abarbarian said:

Excellent! Beautiful voice, great song to cover, cool video. It's obvious she doesn't really smoke, it's just a prop. There's even a disclaimer on the YT page.

There's also a brilliant version of the song on YT by London Grammar which actually tingled my music tingly nerve more than this version (although I love this one). Not such a cool video though, just a plain performance video.

• Agree 1

abarbarian
12 hours ago, sunrat said:

Excellent! Beautiful voice, great song to cover, cool video. It's obvious she doesn't really smoke, it's just a prop. There's even a disclaimer on the YT page.

There's also a brilliant version of the song on YT by London Grammar which actually tingled my music tingly nerve more than this version (although I love this one). Not such a cool video though, just a plain performance video.

One of my favourite songs 🤩

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just posted the original hit video in another thread and came across this as a recommendation. It's a beautiful acoustic version:

• 2 months later...
V.T. Eric Layton

And so it goes, friends. G'night! \m/

- from the CLASSIC 1973 concert at Madison Square Gardens.

The GREATEST ROCK & ROLL BAND OF ALL TIME -> LED ZEPPELIN!!!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Judy Street doing a live performance 44 years later at  Blackpool Tower during the Northern Soul 2012 weekender.

Northern soul dancers 14 years ago dancing to Judy Street's What.

The 1968 original version

Judy Street (born c.1949) is an American singer best known for her popular northern soul single, "What". Born in Indiana, her father was a concert pianist, her mother a flute player in a marching band.[1] After being discovered singing in a bar in Phoenix, Arizona, Street was given a recording opportunity. In 1968 in Hollywood, California she recorded "What", written by H B Barnum and a cover of a 1965 recording by Melinda Marx,

Keep the faith. 😍

Apart from the back flips I can still manage one full on dance to one or two tracks even now. Mind you I need to strap up one knee well beforehand. 😜

Edited by abarbarian

• 2 weeks later...

Great performance. Bad audio, phones don't fare well in that regard.

If you like that, check out Beth Hart, one of my favourite blues singers. Here with Jeff Beck (also a great performance by Bonnie Raitt in the same video):

Beth Hart has an excellent live album which I play regularly here:

And her latest, Tribute To Led Zeppelin:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Info: The land of Caucasus is located between the Pontic - Caspian steppe and Anatolia. Through the history it is inhabited by various nomadic populations such as Sarmatians, Scythians, Turks, Slavs, Mongolians and the native Caucasian populations such as Circassians, Georgians, Chechens, Lezgins and Armenians. Therefore, the culture of Caucasus has been affected by both nomadic and agricultural civilizations. There are historical findings that the various dances with blades were performed by Scythians since B.C.E. 2000s and later the Scythian's culture was combined with Turkic - Hunnic - Ugric cultures. After the collapse of the Mongolian Empire, the nomadic Turkic Kazakhs and Slavic Ukrainian populations have been combined. The new integrated population has been called as the Cossacks (meaning Kazakh in Slavic languages). The blade dances of this video are some examples of Flankirovka, Khorumi and Perkhuli. Flankirovka is an art of spinning sabers (mostly Shashka) while dancing, originating from Caucasus and today performed by mostly Cossacks. Shashka is a Circassian sword and means "long knife" in Adyghe language. The music of the video is called Sinane Daxe, meaning "my mother" in Adyghe language. The performers in the video are Georgian, Ukrainian, Russian, Circassian, Tatar, Italian and French.

😎