Cool Music Videos

sunrat

Sorry, zlim, but I think you are the only one who doesn't want embedded videos and several of us would prefer them embedded. This thread is clearly a place for videos and you are free not to look in it. Personally I don't usually click on links to videos so not having them embedded was spoiling the whole purpose.

The computer I use daily is 12 years old and has no problem here.

• 4 weeks later...

Stream Skating Polly's Rip-Roaring New LP 'The Make It All Show'

If you need a primer, stepsisters Kelli Mayo and Peyton Bighorse are pretty much the heroes of your favorite alt-comic book made flesh. They’ve been playing together as Skating Polly since they were nine and 14 years old respectively, and their music, informed by pop and punk in equal part, has been the subject of comparisons to iconic groups like L7 and The Breeders for years. The Make It All Show represents the most fully realised version of their band yet – it sees Mayo and Bighorse completing their lineup with the addition of their younger brother Kurtis, and in collaboration with producer Brad Wood (whose credits include records by Liz Phair and Sunny Day Real Estate, both of whom incidentally make great references for Skating Polly’s work), they’ve made an excellent document of their self-described “ugly pop.”

😎 Love the lassies voice.

Edited by abarbarian

I've recently gained a fresh appreciation of the Divinyls. Always loved their big hits but some of their lesser known songs such as Good Die Young, Back To The Wall, Temperamental, In My Life, I'm On Your Side are wonderful too.

Black velvet and that little boy smile

Black velvet in that slow southern style

A new religion that'll bring you to your knees

Black velvet if you please

Champagne and Guinness a match made in heaven and a perfect drink whilst listening to this . 😎

• +1 1

2 hours ago, abarbarian said:

🤣 Ha you just have to laugh at the air guitar routine. 🤣

I watched that till she started singing. Please restrict posting to only cool music videos like in the topic title. 😬

5 hours ago, sunrat said:

Please restrict posting to only cool music videos like in the topic title.

I would like to raise an

to that last comment 😋

Edited by abarbarian

18 hours ago, sunrat said:

I have the 12" vinyl EP of Bauhaus' Bela Lugosi's Dead, same version of the song as in that video. Great song, great cool video, 5/5. 😉😎👍

A friend bought the disc a few weeks after it came out. We were planning a midnight ramble round the town after taking some LSD, took said substance at around ten. Comes to just before we were to leave an me friend puts some headphones on me and says listen to this it's great. Weirdest late night ramble round I have ever had. York back in them days was dead as a doornail late at night and still had loads of dark spooky alleyways and all the fine old architecture and cathedrals and churches and the walls and the street lighting went out at midnight. So theres me dark night , out of me tree, with Bella, the song and all his movies running around in me brain. One heck of a night let me tell you. 🤫

• Like 1

At 72, the singer is still looking for adventure. She talks about her years with Fleetwood Mac, the abortion that made them possible, and her friendship with Harry Styles

Fleetwood Mac brought out Rumours in 1977 – an album that became almost as famous for the drama that went into making it as for its songs. It has sold more than 40m copies and keeps reaching new listeners. Just last week, one of Nicks’ biggest hits, Dreams, became part of a viral trend on TikTok.

The band’s problems incubated as the album was made, with their cocaine use reaching industrial levels:

What would it mean to her to stop singing? “It would kill me,” she says. “It isn’t just singing; it’s that I would never perform again, that I would never dance across the stages of the world again.” She pauses and sighs. “I’m not, at 72 years old, willing to give up my career.”

What a gal 🤩

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, abarbarian said:

Why not ?????🤔

Too cold!

Alright, I watched it. Good video production which was the original intention of this thread. Music is OK but I prefer Mogwai for that sort of cinematic soundtrack type music.

13 hours ago, sunrat said:

I prefer Mogwai for that sort of cinematic soundtrack type music.

Not impressed and that video was a tad one framed too 😝

4 hours ago, ulfi said:

That's what I call a cool music video! Great production, great music. New Zealand has always had some excellent bands.

I'm a bit over metal having worn out my metal neurons many years ago touring as sound engineer with bands like Bolt Thrower and Damaged but enjoyed this.

Mastered by Samuel K Sproull in Melbourne, Australia - well it must be good then! 😉😎