Post your Desktop Screenshot(s)

Arena2045

It will be one year Sunday, since our first "Post your Desktop Screenshot thread...Feel free to post your latest desktop screenshot(s) here… try to keep the image under 480 pixels wide, or provide either a text link or a thumbnail image linking to a larger version.I'm looking forward to seeing other member’s current desktop screenshots.Click thumbnail to view:t~desktop040904.jpg-----------------------------------------------------Don't have a server to upload your screenshot to?Contact a Moderator and we will help get your screenshot online.Interested in the first two rounds of desktop pics?Round I, Round II.

Adam, very cool rendition!Stryder, looks relaxing.Where are two hiding all those desktop icons?And Fran... where is your screenshot? I'm expecting one for each system that boots.

SonicDragon

Wow, everyone's look great!Here's mine.I've been using a gnome OS X theme recently. (Slackware-Current with the 2.6.5 kernel and Dropline Gnome with the Tux 'n' Tosh icon set)

Wow, everyone's look great!Here's mine.I've been using a gnome OS X theme recently. (Slackware-Current with the 2.6.5 kernel and Dropline Gnome with the Tux 'n' Tosh icon set)
SonicDragon: ;) Sorry, can't help but laugh... the lines intersect to make the Windows symbol. :lol:I'm sorry... :lol: Running Linux, using a Mac OS X theme, that has a desktop image that forms the Windows symbol. :lol:I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you.

Where are two hiding all those desktop icons?
Arena...KDE gives you the option to disable desktop icons. Works very nice. My most used ones are right next to the K menu.

Arena...KDE gives you the option to disable desktop icons. Works very nice. My most used ones are right next to the K menu.
Gotcha! You just admitted that you have a ton of icons on your desktop... you purposely are hiding them from us... I see how it is... And I knew that KDE allows that! Shame that OS X doesn't, have to use a system hack, or 3rd party software.

Gotcha! You just admitted that you have a ton of icons on your desktop... you purposely are hiding them from us... I see how it is... And I knew that KDE allows that! Shame that OS X doesn't, have to use a system hack, or 3rd party software.
Well, truth is..... there were only two icons on the desktop.... and that is two too many!! ;)

SonicDragon
SonicDragon:  Sorry, can't help but laugh... the lines intersect to make the Windows symbol.I'm sorry... Running Linux, using a Mac OS X theme, that has a desktop image that forms the Windows symbol.I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you.EDIT:Also, it appears that your host doesn't allow offsite linking. Users can copy and paste your URL, or visit HERE (I uploaded it to my server).
LOL! The best of 3 worlds eh?Strange that iPowerweb is doing that. I recently recommended them to my friend and he has had nothing but **** with them. I'm starting to wonder about them.... Anyway, thanks for putting it on your sever. That's very nice of you. ---------------------------The link does work:When it opens in your browser, click on the URL in the bar and hit enter. That will trick it into working.

Guest LilBambi

Might want to check your settings in your vDeck SonicDragon, that's configurable. I can link to pics on my site with the same provider.

SonicDragon
Might want to check your settings in your vDeck SonicDragon, that's configurable. I can link to pics on my site with the same provider.
Your right. I checked the settings and it looks like hotlinking is disabled. I enabled it and it's "sceduled to be enabled in the next 24 hours".

SonicDragon

lol Arena and nice screenie GolfProRM!

it's "sceduled to be enabled in the next 24 hours".
Looks like it's working now. :w00t:

What a nice variety. Arena2045 I like your windows spoof. Jeber nice desktop. What a wide variety of desktops. Maybe I will get mine posted here soon.Julia :)

Guest LilBambi

Hey great pics everyone! Arena2045 -- XP look on a MAC -- something seriously wrong with that picture! :) tbird and epp_b ... messy, are you kidding!?You want to see messy, here's my one computer (Win98SE) ... I am running Drempels Desktop at the moment but it doesn't show up in the screenshot:frm00008_thumb.jpgWill post the XP Box screenshot later.The little Linux box doesn't have anything on it to make a screenshot. Very specific things are done there and no fluff. Simple desktop in ICEWM, standard look.

Edited by LilBambi

JamesI love the wallpaper. However, there is something seriously wrong about running a Penguin wallpaper with Windows! :hmm:Julia :)

lol, i know but remember i'm just trying to learn linux and i've always liked the penguin wallpapers more and icons. Here is the orignal in white. If you want the one in black go hereJames

Cool, thanks. And as long as I'm being thankful, thanks to Arena2045 for providing me with the unfortunately appropriate (:) ) background for desktop #2. :)

jar92380:The main padded background is part of a theme for the Mac OS… As far as I know they are not available independently. What screen res do you use?But if you want to use the modified one that I gave Jeber its HERE

Edited by Arena2045

Arena2045 My hat is off to you. Somehow I think you have created the perfect wallpaper for Jeber. Wonderful. What can I say Jeber, it suits you!Julia :) :)