Back 2 the Future?

V.T. Eric Layton

I don't think it is IIS perse that is getting into Apache, but rather the fact that 2008 and 2013 Windows Servers are pretty dosh garn good and can be had for a very good price.

If you want to see it, you need to change the color. Right now it's a pale gray.

I didn't make it pale gray as far as I know and no , there is no signature - i tried highlighting everything and the highlights go from my text straight to 'Report' button.

IIS still only has 22.75 percent, less than half the Apache share. There are other servers out there as well; the article mentions nginx' share also increased by nearly 1 percent in a month.

V.T. Eric Layton

@ crp... You probably copy/pasted it from somewhere. Copy/paste it into your plain text editor on your system first, then copy/paste to your profile. That will remove any formatting, like colorization, etc.

@ Roger... Servers are only good as the idiots installing and maintaining them. ;)

@ crp... You probably copy/pasted it from somewhere. Copy/paste it into your plain text editor on your system first, then copy/paste to your profile. That will remove any formatting, like colorization, etc.

oh, i see now. thought that was the color to the preview text. okay, changed color.

[*] still don't see my sig.

Edited by crp

Hello,

The article states the change was largely due to GoDaddy switching from IIS to Apache, that's probably a one-time event (although it may cause some smaller hosting providers to look at doing the same) so it will be interesting to see how the curve looks in a half a year or so.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Guest LilBambi

Apache isn't the only open source web server out there.

Web Server Types but certainly Apache has been the biggest for a long time. I wouldn't use a Windows system for a web facing server personally, but that's just me.

crp, sounds like you made a change in your user cp to ignore some sigs?

i saw that page but didn't notice anything. went back when you sent the link and still didn't notice anything. looked pixel by pixel and finally found that checkbox entry. sheesh, poor UI i think to have that there away from everything else that has entry interface elements. Thanks, mystery solved.

V.T. Eric Layton

gracious and mercy me!

it's hard to know what to comment on in any given thread... what was the topic? sigh.

You gotta' keep your eye on the ball, Temmu. ;)