cool, peachy! - i will have to look for that!

nice, lilbambi & eric :)

so... the shows as-listed on the dvd are definitely in the wrong order!

the last show listed should have been the one where they bring their friend home (who was mailed to them...)

because the composer of the music said he wrote the piece for the final scene to say "goodbye" to firefly.

Yep, that's where I got the TV show dates, too Corrine.

Of course the movie Serenity was in 2005.

Yes, Battlestar Galactica TV show was re-imagined I think would be more like it. It is very good actually. Different from the original in many ways, but still very cool. I love the original and the new ones. I also loved the Caprica TV show too.

so... the shows as-listed on the dvd are definitely in the wrong order!

the last show listed should have been the one where they bring their friend home (who was mailed to them...)

because the composer of the music said he wrote the piece for the final scene to say "goodbye" to firefly.

My DVD box set has them listed in the correct order.

• Like 1

I am at a hotel tonight, and flipped on the TV. The first channel that is on (the TV is behind me) has the voice of Mal. I don't know which show this is, but Nathan Fillion has business playing any role other than Malcolm Reynolds.

:)

Adam

• Like 1

peachy, i have a set that is prolly only a couple years old, so 20th century-redux may have mucked it up. - but -

corrine, my set is as your wiki listing.

adam, yeah, fillion's not mr former combat hardened soldier, empty soul, that mal is supposed to be.

lilbambi - i saw the movie ~before~ i bought the dvd set (thus then seeing the show.

the movie was kinda hollow. ~but~ after watching the dvd set & seeing the movie, the movie was far more interesting, and a far better movie.

shiney.

• Like 1

I love Castle too. Fun show.

I agree that the movie is much better with the show's context.

Love Firefly. Occasionally I'd run across a marathon of Firefly on the SF channel or whatever. Say to myself "...there goes my day..." and watch 4 to 6 of them back to back. Fab series, amazing that it was on ... Faux?!?

I liked when Vera took out the Reavers, except- waidaminnit! Wouldn't that suit depressurize almost instantaneously? So how does he plausibly get off shots #2 through whatever? As satisfying as it was to see the looks on the Reavers crew's faces. I don't see how he managed to shoot their window out...

it's reality being replaced with the believable.., a suit might have a tank of air.

and that led me to the firefly board game, abarbarian http://www.giantfrea...eave-board.html

Neat find :clap:

Which led me here a little of the path, but,

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/sci/5000yearold-board-game-unearthed-turkey.html

where I came across this astonishing find,

which was recovered from a gravesite approximately 7,000 years old and located between Mesopotamia

based on the number of stone pieces, their shape and distribution, the working theory is that the number four is somehow fundamental to the game.

throw a two in the mix and you can see what I'm seeing. :whistling:

• Like 1

fascinating. board games, wave of the past, wave of the future! :D

• Like 1

yes! wh40k - there was an animated movie.... looks like a fun game!

Boy, Google is snarfing all kinds of good data from that group; not to mention that their backdoors are allowing the NSA to investigate everyone's underwear drawers.

Yeah, wouldn't want them to know about your "sexy Malcom Reynolds" costume, now would you?

:lol:

Adam

lol - love the size of the magazine on that guy's carbine - must be at least .50 cal! :D

so... he gets 100 yard accuracy, but is throwing 1 oz slugs... :o :lol:

war%2Bstories-take%2Bme.gif

Could not resist. As the original poster said,

"Now somethin’ about that is just downright unsettlin’."

:breakfast:

OK, so I shouldn't have wasted the bandwidth for a 9 min youtube video but I did really enjoy it!

wow. and wow. that is amazing! nice find, sunrat!

now i remember why i liked lego!

OK. $50,000 in parts a labor to make that thing. Lego has come a long way since I was a kid. All I could ever make was red and black alternating boxy house-looking things. I preferred Tinkertoy®.

tinker%20toys.jpg

:yes:

riverfireflycosplay01.jpg

Mechanical toys are ok.I'd rather play with people who cosplay, it must be the geek in me. :drooling:

Mechanical toys are ok.I'd rather play with people who cosplay, it must be the geek in me. :drooling:

I'm sure you'd look great dressed as Princess Peach. :P :lol: (sunrat runs off to hide :shifty: )

• Like 1