Temmu

iphone elctrocutes (only) chinese flight attendants

WARNING!

if you are:

- chinese

- a flight attendant

- charging your i phone

you are in grave danger of electrocution!!!!

Apple Inc. said Monday that it is investigating a case in which the family of a 23-year-old woman alleges that she was electrocuted by her iPhone.

Though details about the case remain sketchy, it has caught the imagination of social media users in China, who have been spreading word about the case and warning not to use devices while they are charging.

link to wall street journal http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/07/15/apple-investigates-china-iphone-death-allegations/

the danger does not apply if, for example, you are

- chinese

- a fish monger

- charging your i phone

or

- italian

- a flight attendant

- charging your i phone

or

- chinese

- flight attendant

- going for a swim (without your i phone and its charger)

suggestions?

good point - i would think that a knock-off product would have orders of magnitude more chance to kill than a real apple product.

Some of the third party ones work well, and some certainly work better than others and as time goes on, some do not age as gracefully either.

my original post is more to the point. you had to be exactly chinese, flight attendant, charging i phone.

examples of categorical differences that obviously save lives have nothing to do with chargers themselves.

Hello,

I see all sorts of non-Apple chargers, including ones sold bulk-packaged in plastic baggies for $3 or so in bins at Frys Electronics. Also widely available online (eBay, Amazon, etc.). I wouldn't trust any device I rely on to such a charger, though.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hello,

I see all sorts of non-Apple chargers, including ones sold bulk-packaged in plastic baggies for $3 or so in bins at Frys Electronics. Also widely available online (eBay, Amazon, etc.). I wouldn't trust any device I rely on to such a charger, though.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

lol! :lol: :D neither would i!