{SOLVED} Windows 7 Recovery (32 vs. 64 bit)

Purhonen

Problem solved! I was not creating the HitMan Pro USB key correctly. Once I did it right Mr. Ransomeware was history.

I posted (I thought) a big thank you to you all a few days ago, but I don't see it here. So, again THANK YOU for all your generous assistance and education. You're the best!

Steve

LilBambi,

Will do. The place I messed up is very specific and it's simple to do correctly once you know how.

Here's the link to the YouTube video I used:

The :47 second point in the video is the key moment. The narrator says "click the button with the flying kick guy" - this is what I had failed to do on my previous attempts. Once I did that everything went as expected. It's that simple (at least for me). It was mostly a matter of following the directions CLOSELY and paying attention.

Thanks again all.

Steve

P.S. My above post thanking everyone (again) is because I missed my earlier thank-you post. At least I'm consistent - I wasn't paying close attention!

• 3 weeks later...

LilBambi & Ross549 thanks for your thoughts.

I mentioned in my post that:

1) I can NOT boot into Safe Mode no matter how much I abusive the F8 key (I get the other [non-standard?] boot options I outlined in my post)

2) I can NOT make a HitMan Pro USB key because my safe machine is 32 bit and the infected machine is 64 bit.

So I'm thinking my only option is to find a safe 64 bit machine to make the HitMan Pro USB.

Any more ideas?

Steve

I am working on another PC that has something- not a moneypak torjan- on it. I had to follow your saga to create a HitmanPro disk and reboot windows with it. booting of the USB was enough to restore mouse control, and Microsoft Security Essentials was able to clean it so far. I am running a deep scan now. :)

Adam

Guest LilBambi

Excellent. Sadly on the Dell computer that had the ICE MoneyPak trojan malware on it, the keyboard and mouse wouldn't work with the USB boot of HitManPro. So I stepped back and punted with Trinity Rescue CD; all of which is chronicled here. ;)