Got me a kitty

securitybreach

If you post a http link instead of the https link, the forum will embed it automagically:

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Adam

Guest LilBambi

Or just use Youtube's Share youtu.be link which looks like this link in BBC code braces:

http://youtu.be/hpI8fzPeBSM

My Cat From ****- How to Properly Pet Your Cat - Animal Planet -Youtube

(which shows up just well if listed just in the message box with no coding of any kind. It will embed it like below)

Cats only sleep 6 hours a day. The other 18 hours are practice.

But what about freakout hour? The math does not add up.....

Adam

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Ah yeah... freak out hour. I call that "kitty play time" in my house. It starts at 0500 sharp. Of course, now that my girls are older, they don't stick to schedules.

• Like 1

But what about freakout hour? The math does not add up.....

Too true. Mine bolts metres up a tree like a possum (she learned that from the possums) and runs around the garden like a mad rabbit. She never had contact with other cats so learned some unusual behaviour. Poor kitty was a stray abandoned by her mother before she was weaned. Was less than a handful when we found her.

V.T. Eric Layton

Was less than a handful when we found her.

And much more than a handful to take care of. My Precious (the smaller one in the pic below) was less than a week old when I found her behind where I used to work. Mama had lost her when moving the litter. I had to bottle feed her, stimulate her organs so she would pee/poop, etc. She was a fighter, though. She never gave up. That's her as an adult below. She's 15 years old.

e38.jpg

precious_fall-2012.jpg

• Like 1

ReleaseRoderick

As far as spaying goes, when she goes into heat in your apartment and starts her incessant yowling and other psychotic antics, you'll be RUSHING her to the vet to get fixed after that.

Take good care of her.

You won't think it's the same cat....She'll do anything, almost burrow through a wall to get out to those Tom's. Remember how she used the Litter tray....same instinct. I took in a stray kitten off the office steps, first time in season she got out, returned a family of 4 kitts. Once they were reared we found a good vet and had Mom spayed. It's the best way.

V.T. Eric Layton

My cats' original veterinarian told me that females should be allowed to go into estrous at least once before they are fixed. He told me that this assures that they are fully developed by that time and should not experience any ill effects of what is basically the equivalent of a human girl having a complete hysterectomy a few months after reaching puberty.

However, talk with 5 different vets and they'll tell you 5 different things; a lot like regular medical doctors, actually. :(

• Like 1

securitybreach

You won't think it's the same cat....She'll do anything, almost burrow through a wall to get out to those Tom's. Remember how she used the Litter tray....same instinct. I took in a stray kitten off the office steps, first time in season she got out, returned a family of 4 kitts. Once they were reared we found a good vet and had Mom spayed. It's the best way.

Mine only howls once in a blue moon and only for a couple of minutes. Not a big deal with my cat......

securitybreach

Honestly I do not think it is right to neuter/spay any animal. If you cannot deal with the 'going into heat' times.... I am not trying to offend anyone but that is what I think on the subject.

I have been around dogs my entire life and it is rough when one of the females go into heat but you just keep them separated until it has passed.

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to have their own opinion respected.

I think both have their place...natural and neutered/spayed.

V.T. Eric Layton

You need to know, Josh, that there are also health benefits that come with females being fixed. Statistically, they live longer when fixed. Also, lessens issues with urinary tract infections and totally eliminates the chances of cancer of the female reproductive organs. She's your kitty, though, so you do what you think is best.

• Like 1

securitybreach

You need to know, Josh, that there are also health benefits that come with females being fixed. Statistically, they live longer when fixed. Also, lessens issues with urinary tract infections and totally eliminates the chances of cancer of the female reproductive organs. She's your kitty, though, so you do what you think is best.

I appreciate the info Eric. I might would if it were free and convenient but I do not see it as a must since she is an indoor only kitty.