TV-Maxe on-line tv made easy.

abarbarian

abarbarian

LINKS REMOVED

What can I say, it was a breeze to install and set up. Easy to add extra tv sources, I only added the international, UK and Russian ones.

UK channels refused to load and play. The program was quick to notify when a channel could not be accessed. However some channels would say they were running but all they gave was a black screen with no sound.

Best channel I got was NASA TV, very interesting.

:breakfast:

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton
Possible TOS violation. ~Eric

securitybreach

Yup, it's a neat application. I use it quite frequently to watch Discovery Channel and the History Channel. The funny part is, I have cable but never turn my tv on.

securitybreach

Let me look..

Sometimes the commercials are in a different language but the shows are in english:

Cd8uBW1.png

abarbarian

Ha the Discovery Channel is part of the Romanian.bd. I had that commented out. Funnily enough the Disney Channel is in spoken Romanian. :thudna5:

Unfortunately AXN Sci-Fi is showing Farscape with English language and Romanian subs. Oh deary deary me. :Laughing:

Edited by abarbarian
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ALERT ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I hate to be a party-pooper, but I believe that it is illegal in the United States to use simlar apps or view foreign based websites for the express purpose of receiving fee or subscription-based television programming for free. For this reason, this thread is in violation, at least in spirit, of this portion of Scot's TOS:

Copyrights, Illegal Material, and Links Offsite

5. Do not ask for, offer to supply, or post links to, copies of commercial software, MP3s, movies, CD Keys, Product Keys, Serial Numbers, etc. or other intellectual property for which you do not hold the copyright. Do not ask for or post information about or link to anything unlawful.

This includes but is not limited to copies of pirated commercial software, commercial music files, movies, and other intellectual property.

Do not post any information, or link to any site that contains information, intended to violate the Terms of Service or End User License Agreement of any service, product, or application. Do not request or provide password hacks or cracks.

5a. Do not post entire copyrighted articles or images from elsewhere on the Internet; post a link to the work instead. It is acceptable to quote other people's work so long as you follow these mandatory rules:

• Credit the author(s) by name(s)
  • Include the title of the work
  • Include the date when the original work was published
  • Include a link to the entire work
  • Reprint only part of the article (as governed by the Fair Use laws). SNF guidelines dictate maximum length of quotations this way: Quote only a few paragraphs of an entire work, and not more than 20% of that work, whichever is shorter. Most quotes should be held to a few sentences or a single paragraph.

Any posts containing infractions may be modified or removed.Note: It is perfectly acceptable to post links to screen shots of software (that you or someone else made), such as Windows dialogs, or any other software you're discussing. See Rule 8 for more information about posting images.

I'm going to blank out the links, but not lock the thread until Fran or another senior admin makes the final decision about this thread.

Sorry.

~Eric

V.T. Eric Layton

We all forget sometimes...

No foul for Erik either, as U.S. laws don't apply to him. However, Scot's TOS does... while he's here anyway.

I'll leave it on Fran's doorstep for the moment. My jackboots are out for repairs. ;)

abarbarian
while he's here anyway.

Sounds ominous. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: touch me forelock an all that. Sorry folks . :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

V.T. Eric Layton

Myeh... relax. We're not going to make you walk the plank or anything like that. Arrrrrrrgh! :pirate:

• Like 1

I can see it's a grey area as it's a Google project with Arch and Ubuntu packages available. Are these not US based too? How is this different from Miro? These are from (presumably) legit online streams, not cable hacking.

I couldn't get it to work from the tarball anyway, and I'm not going to taint my nice Debian with Ubuntu sources. I'll stick to Miro.

Guest LilBambi

Yep, somethings are not the same in other areas of the world as they are here in the United States. The rules make it more difficult here, sadly.

securitybreach

Yep, somethings are not the same in other areas of the world as they are here in the United States. The rules make it more difficult here, sadly.

Indeed!