Hey All You Scurvy Pirate Dogs...

V.T. Eric Layton

abarbarian

Please remember the London riots last year were by 3rd generation welfare recipients demanding the same level of luxury as working folks have.

Nah they were just freeloading trouble causing scum. They would act the same if they were rich aswell. Why the police just stood around doing nothing I'll never understand. Least they could have done is sprayed them with coloured dye(preferably indelible) and then spent the next however long picking them up and incarcerating them on some desert island. I'd advocate shooting them but I guess that would not go down too well over here. :Smiley-IPB-400:

Edited by abarbarian

I would like if this thread could continue talking about the topic in question and not veer off into politics.

This game looks neat. It reminds me very much of "Game Dev Tycoon" which is a very addictive iOS game. I installed the demo.

As for the actual post, it's depressing. A great idea to slightly alter the cracked game, but sad to see how successful it was. I wish there was a good answer to piracy. DRM isn't it.

I think digital goods stores like iTunes and AmazonMP3 are succeeding is not because of the lack or presence of DRM. It is accessibility.....

Netflix has recently noted in a sales call that when Netflix gets some new content (such as a new season of a popular TV show, the actual numbers for the show on bittorrent drop significantly.

It shows that if you give consumers relatively easy access to content that they want, they'll get it.

Adam

Guest LilBambi

I think digital goods stores like iTunes and AmazonMP3 are succeeding is not because of the lack or presence of DRM. It is accessibility.....

Netflix has recently noted in a sales call that when Netflix gets some new content (such as a new season of a popular TV show, the actual numbers for the show on bittorrent drop significantly.

It shows that if you give consumers relatively easy access to content that they want, they'll get it.

Adam

Exactly Adam