Multiple SMTP servers in Mozilla Mail?

ross549

I have a friend who is using Mozilla mail with his verizon e-mail account. He really does not have any problems, but he needs to set up a second e-mail account for his wife. Apparently, Verizon requires a login for SMTP servers. Is Mozilla Mail capable of hadling multiple SMTP servers?

Sure is. I have thunderbird running here and it checks mail from two different servers and four different accounts. Julia :o

It'll handle multiple SMTP servers without a problem, but it's not immediately obvious that it will... I don't run Moz mail so I can't give you a direct tutorial, but I'm sure someone here can. :o

It'll handle multiple SMTP servers without a problem, but it's not immediately obvious that it will...  I don't run Moz mail so I can't give you a direct tutorial, but I'm sure someone here can. B)
I posted originally from work..... no Mozilla there, being a Navy system. I installed mozilla Mail here and played with it until I could explain to the friend how to do it. Works like a champ!Verizon is odd..... I have never had to specify usernames for outgoing (SMTP) servers before..... :'(

nlinecomputers
Verizon is odd..... I have never had to specify usernames for outgoing (SMTP) servers before.....
It stops spammers and virues from spreading so easily. EVERY ISP should do this.