Aliens?

V.T. Eric Layton

Cluttermagnet

Yep, long. and interesting. The comments are great. Second one did it for me- they'll want our chocolate! :fishing:

V.T. Eric Layton

"My name is Klug. We are from the other end of the galaxy. We've come for your chocolate and your women. Oh, and those cool little communication devices you have... iPods, I think they're called. Like us on GalaxyBook."

V.T. Eric Layton

We'd best hope that any lifeform with the knowledge to use FTL or dimensional travel methods that shows up on our figurative doorstep is a very peaceful and nice species. Otherwise, to conquer the human race would be no more difficult for them than it is for little Johnny to kick up that anthill or poke a stick in that bee hive.

I'm not worried about any alien invaders, though. It's those pesky zombies that are going to get us in the long run. :yes:

V.T. Eric Layton

I love zombies. If there's got to be an apocalypse of some kind, zombies are my #1 choice, closely followed by carnivorous alien predators. ;)

• 1 month later...
Cluttermagnet

"Follow in your book and repeat after me as we learn three new words in alien..."

"Coffee, towel, border..."

Oh, BTW- Clutter is at the edge of the universe working a ~three week job, kind of a rarity these days. I hear rumors of another lurking in the wings. May turn out to be a busy summer...

Edited by Cluttermagnet

My mind set is that the main reason why Aliens would never visit us is because EVERY movie about Aliens that ever came on (Original War of the Worlds, my all time favorite), all we tried to do is kill them. Makes us not look all that inviting. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

I'm living in the past. I guess some would say it's sad. I think it's wonderful. MeTV is the greatest! I'm currently watching Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde on Svengoolie! :)

Cluttermagnet

Modern day remake of Favorite Martian: Third Rock From the Sun...

With honorable mention for Mork and Mindy...

Guest LilBambi

I'm living in the past. I guess some would say it's sad. I think it's wonderful. MeTV is the greatest! I'm currently watching Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde on Svengoolie! :)

On our local off-air digital TV receiver, we watch Antenna TV on occasion. It's Channel 27.2 WGNT in the Norfolk VA area.

The thing that is very annoying about this channel, and maybe they all are like this now, but it has way too many commercials and commercial breaks with some of the shows. And the commercials are frustrating since there are lots of commercials on each break, and most of the commercials are the same over and over, every day, during the shows.

So we don't watch it much except for certain shows or movies.

Edited by LilBambi

Guest LilBambi

Sadly likely true, Adam. We don't watch commercial TV. Or at least we didn't except for emergency weather or news stuff, until we got this digital receiver and Jim found this WGNT 27's 2nd feed Antenna TV.

Great shows, but the number and repetition of commercials is mind boggling.

I remember when we stopped watching commercial television referring to it as commercials with programming breaks. It is more like that now than ever before.

V.T. Eric Layton

The thing that is very annoying about this channel, and maybe they all are like this now, but it has way too many commercials and commercial breaks with some of the shows. And the commercials are frustrating since there are lots of commercials on each break, and most of the commercials are the same over and over, every day, during the shows.

Yeah... it's like that here too. The network has its own commercials, mostly insurance, reverse mortgages, weird pills to make your life better, exercise equipment and frying pans, etc. However, there is also the REALLY annoying local primary channel's commercials about their news shows and upcoming programs. These are the worse of the two because they are LONG commercials (1.5-3.0 minutes for some) and they are the same ones that have been playing for two years on the secondary digital channel. But hey... it's still better then Dancing with the Stars, The Bachelor, and The Apprentice. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

One thing I can say about MeTV's commercials... they are like clockwork. There are commercial breaks at the same spots timewise on every program I watch. I can almost set my watch by it. This is convenient because I know ahead of time when and just how long I can be away from the set to do other things... wash the dishes, feed the cats, wee-wee, etc. :yes: