Why x64 ???

kamicota

Yep why in the HECK did I JUST go x64 Dual boot including the NEW PCLuinusOS x64 and including XPx64

JUST been DONE this last hour :'( :whistling: :clap:

Would LOVE to hear some comments

Cheers for years

Colin

AW com ON Eric

You sound like those Rockers -->>> Cum on FEEl the noise o:) :clap: :bounce: :shifty: - From Moi home town - Geordie land--->>>

Cheers for years

Colin

Edited by kamicota

Yep why in the HECK did I JUST go x64 Dual boot including the NEW PCLuinusOS x64 and including XPx64

JUST been DONE this last hour :'( :whistling: :clap:

Would LOVE to hear some comments

Cheers for years

Colin

You probably needed a new challenge :Laughing:

V.T. Eric Layton

Gawd! Slade? I haven't thought about them in years. I prefer the Quiet Riot version of that song, though. ;)

• Like 1

Eric & abarbarian

Yep seems like we DID need a new challenge

PCLinuxOS x64 - just a couple of niggles right now - Thunderbird - DOES receive emails but can not find how to add my other email addresses P:LUS - it does NOT send

Evolution is just a fawn interface - no where to click and add any email of mine.

Thank heavens that OTHER Sytem outlook is working :whistling: :clap: :hug:

Cheers for years

Colins

PCLinuxOS x64 - just a couple of niggles right now - Thunderbird - DOES receive emails but can not find how to add my other email addresses P:LUS - it does NOT send

Edit>Account Settings>Account Actions>Add Mail Account.

For sending, check the Server Settings to make sure you have the correct info in the top section.

Thank you Sunrat & Eric

Will look into those when the SEARCH for the latest mirrorless camera calms down

Cheers for years

Colin

Moi Might be LISTENING to - FUN - We are Young BUT shoot this is turning into a NIGHTMARE

We have PCLinuxOS x64 on & x64 Win 7 BUT - it is giving palpitaions

NOW it is time to COMPLETELY RE-INSTALL the WHOLE hard Drive YET --->>

YET and this it is the BIGGIE - neither Gparterd or - Parted Magic SEES what is installed - ALL it shows is - Allocated space of 465GB

HELP HELP HELP Please

Cheers for Years - HOPEFU:LLY

Colin

Hello,

I think the main difference in using 32-bit (i386, i486, x86...) with PAE support over native 64-bit (amd64, x64, x86-64...) is that operations accessing memory addresses above the 4GiB limit are a lot faster; this may or may not show up, though, unless you're running native 64-bit code, or at least a 32-bit application that (1) recognizes PAE; and (2) wants to utilize more than 4GiB of memory.

As Eric noted, this does, in effect, make 64-bit twice as nice as 32-bit, however, for some memory or I/O intensive operations, it may be even nicer.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Like 1