MBAM PRO - MAJOR F/P - Trojan.Downloader.ED

Corrine

From LandzDown Forum by ky331:

MBAM Pro has just "gone crazy", labeling just about everything (including system files) as Trojan.Downloader.ED

Several people are now reporting this at the MBAM forum. http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=42

BE CAREFUL.

Sorry, I don't have a database version , as I had to "kill" MBAM on my system in order to access anything else.

From what I can ascertain from the MBAM Forum the version information is as follows:

Running version 1.75.0.1300

Build date: 4/4/2013 2:50:30 PM

Database Information:

Date: 4/15/2013 6:33:21 PM

Database Version: v2013.04.15.12

Fingerprints loaded: 260233

A report has been received that update v2013.04.15.30 is Ok.

From Malwarebytes:

Malwarebytes had a bad update that was up briefly for ten minutes today and has impacted some of our customers. Those who were impacted we will post shortly with instructions. For now we encourage you to contact Support if you are experiencing issues.

Database version v2013.04.15.12 (bad)

Database version v2013.04.15.13 (good)

http://www.malwareby...ntact_consumer/

Malwarebytes : Contact us for Consumer Support, www.malwarebytes.org

If you're seeking assistance, please use the form below. One of our customer service representatives will answer your request as soon as possible, typically within one business day.

Additional information:

We sincerely apologize for this false positive. An update has already been pushed out to remove the offending definition that caused this.

For those of you still having problems, please contact support via the following links and they will assist you directly in getting your systems functioning properly again:

Home User Support

Business Support

Please be sure to include the following information to expedite the repair process:

• OS installed (i.e. XP, Vista, 7, 8 etc.)
  • Whether you have restarted your computer yet or not
  • Whether or not the system is bootable if you have attempted a restart of your system yet
  • Whether or not you have your Windows installation media (CD, DVD, recovery discs etc.)

We have also taken extensive measures to ensure that a false positive like this never happens again. Once more, I apologize that this occurred and hopefully we will be able to get everyone's systems in proper working order once more without too much trouble.

and

One additional thing to add. For anyone running Windows 7, please try System Restore first as that may fix the problems since System Restore on Windows 7 also recovers deleted files.

You may find this information to be helpful as well.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Fast fix... very good!

MBAM is a wonderful app. I've had to use it a few times to clear off clients' computers. :yes:

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

Wow, that is very encouraging! Was worried at first. But to see it was fixed without that short period of time. Wow!

Great job MBAM!!!

Just about every AV and malware product out there - and I can't even think of a single exception - has had at least one bad update.