Spellcheck in Konqueror Webbrowser

Bruno

Happy to announce that from today I will no more post any spelling errors :w00t: :w00t: . . . because the spellcheck in the KDE 3.2 Konqueror webbrowser works !! This is a dream come true . . what a feature . . and the new Konqueror has lots of more nice features . . that is why I drop Galeon as my default browser and embrace the new Konqueror !! So here is a HINT: If you are a luozy speller ( yes, some of you are just as bad as I am :w00t: ). . . . Get PCLos installed, upgrade to KDE 3.2, and start using Konqueror ! :ermm: Bruno* This post was spellchecked by my lovely Konqueror Browser :thumbsup:<edited by teacher to correct spelling error!>

:whistling: :thumbsup: . . . . What can I say ?? . . . :blink: :o Bruno* This post was spellchecked by my lovely Konqueror Browser :D

What a luxzzury . . . . posting is far more fun thizz way :thumbsup: :whistling: :D Bruno* This post was spellchecked by my lovely Konqueror Browser :blink:

You're impossible. First you don't want errors and then you make them on purpose. Give a kid a toy and you entertain him for hours. :DJulia :whistling:

linuxdude32

Does it have the ability to save passwords now into an encrypted file like Mozilla does now? I heard they were were working on that.

It has what it calls a password wallet. I just used it for the forum. You have to have a password for the wallet and then it saves your things there. ;)Julia :whistling:

Just to be exact: it is kalled KWallet . . works like a dream, connects automatically to the website you are re-visiting . . . . very nice concept ! See This thread :whistling::whistling: Bruno

linuxdude32

Kool! It's tempting to upgrade my kde to 3.2 for that feature alone but having installed KDE from scratch before I know it's not an easy process. Might be something to do when I'm really bored. :lol:

Jason . . . . PCLos has KDE 3.2 . . . . . and Slackware "current" . . and Mandrake "community" . . . . So there is plenty of choice :lol: :url: . . . . . my advice would be: PCLos :lol::lol: Bruno

linuxdude32
Jason . . . . PCLos has KDE 3.2 . . . . . and Slackware "current" . . and Mandrake "community" . . . . So there is plenty of choice B)  :'(  . . . . . my advice would be: PCLos  B)B) Bruno
Yeah, but there's not Yast! >_<

Yep . . LOL . . . you don't need YAST in PCLos Jason . . . . :huh: :) . . . . that is why I recommend it to you . . . . . . :'( :huh: Bruno

linuxdude32
No, in function it is almost identical to the Master Control Center and Synaptic in PC Los!
Before you just said Synaptic was as good. I'm sure it'll be great until the break it in the next release :) *poke, poke*I'm sure it's really great but the time I learn yet another distro, SuSE 10 will be out. :blink:

It is as good - or better. I don't ever have a problem with synaptic. It is just that YAST combines two different functions together that PC Los separates. For keeping my system at bleeding edge all I need is synaptic. I don't need to go into the control panel hardly ever once the computer is set up so why open all that if you don't need it? ;)Julia :blink:

linuxdude32
It is as good - or better.  I don't ever have a problem with synaptic.  It is just that YAST combines two different functions together that PC Los separates.  For keeping my system at bleeding edge all I need is synaptic.  I don't need to go into the control panel hardly ever once the computer is set up so why open all that if you don't need it? ;)
That's true. Earlier versions of SuSE used to have a YaST button that gave you a menu with all the YaST modules so you could go into any of them separately. Now the only way you can do that is through the KDE control center. It's unfortunate they did that. But I still prefer it over MCC which doesn't give you enough control, IMHO.My point was that you were saying synaptic was better than Yast but YaST is more than just an installer. I mention this because other people who don't know better might think otherwise. It can be argued that synaptic is better that YaST's intaller but I don't think synaptic is better at setting up postfix than YaST is, as an example, or partitioning, or configuring the bootloader, logical volume management, the xntp client, nfs shares, etc. Comparing apples and oranges. I'm sure PCLOS has its own control center that you can say is better than YaST instead! :P BTW, I checked and my system doesn't have enough RAM for it. So, now I have an excuse, teach! :unsure: