"Lazy Man's" 2.6 distro?

GolfProRM

Well Suse still on lineIt is SPECIAL people like YOU that GIVE this much of themsleves in SERVICE to LIFE :huh: :D :D Thanx Bruno.Maybe now I can give all a break and UPGRADE PClos what do you think :blink: Colin :D

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• Bruno

• teacher

• GolfProRM

No . . not yet upgrade . . . . . First boot into Windows . . and post from there . . I want to be 100% sure all is Okay . . :DB) Bruno

Hip Hip Hurray !!! Congrats Colin !!! . . . now go and play . . . Do not upgrade yet . . give me a few hours and I will get back to you !!Have FUN !!:blink: Bruno

Yeah mabe so BrunoJust realized with PCLos have not been able to find where my windows drives arehave fun with Rolanj and catch you on the upswing in a few Hoursd, IF AMSTERDAM is not shut down for the night :blink: Colin :huh:

We will upgrade before I close down Colin . . don't worry !! . . . Need a break and a little snack . . :DB) Bruno

Thats JUST fine BrunoI AM PLAYING around with PCLosEven got my unsupported Epson c64 under a generic (No Driver) printing (NOT what I wanted) about 5/6.... Pages of Gobbledygook form Open Office. NOT the Oner Line Test i put in.HECK It's STILL Printing :D Going to try a jpeg in Gimp and see what happens.If you know how maybe LATER Can show me how to access Windows drives, STILL have NOT found that yetsee you after dindinsColin B)

Hey BrunoIt even worked in Openoffice, the CENTRE WHEEL Trick B) Way to goAnd also in the console Thought center wheel was only for scrolling B) Silly Me :D Colin :D

Only copy FROM Open Office is a problem there you still have to rightclick and choose "copy" . . . . Good !! Please PM me your email address . . . so I can send the file :DB) Bruno

Teacher . . can you explain to our good friend how to send a PM ??Colin . .the file is on the way . . save it to your /home and let me know when you are ready . . :D Bruno

A PM is a message through the forum. You simply click on the PM button on the bottom of the person's post and then type in what you want to send. You've done it before. No email address required!Julia :D

I Do LOVE to make things DifficultCould not set up Kmail or Evolution so set up a poor mans email in PClos Kshowmail and no where to save to Just saw teachers post on PM will go back there and see whaT HAPPENScOLIN :D

I tried BrunoBut BOTH Kmail and Evolution give me palpitations and the easier Mozilla mail is not an option as yetMay have to boot to windows to get it and see where too from thereColin :D

Colin . . Evolution is so easy to set up . . it has a wizard . . . Windows is okay, but do not open the file in windows or you will corrupt it . . B):D Bruno

Yeah Got the file :D But "Save As from Evolution gives me som queer Questions such as do you want to Overright home.desktopOf my answer was no & out i wentColin B)

Colin . . you have to rightclick on the attachment ( in the open mail ) and then you get two possebilities: save OR open . . you do save and it will direct you to /home/colin/documents . . :D Bruno

It can't do that yet BrunoI am either Root or Guest have not put in Colin OR kamicotaAnd could find no documentsSaved In Openoffice and saved as homeBUT can not find this sources document you sent (and I have it twice)Colin :D

Then I want the file in /root if you are logged in as root . . . or in /home/guest if you are logged in as guest . . . The file has to be somewhere . . :D Bruno

Still can't find it even using "Find" in Home anywhere in root or the openoffice file I saved as It's either B) me or gremlins :D Colin :D

Okay . . open the mail again . . . and you will see in the bottom left corner an icon . . rightclick on the right side of the icon and choose the top option from the menu you get . . . . "Save Attachment" . . and a window will open to tell you where it wants to save it . . . study the window and look where it wants to save it . . only then click OK . . . :whistling: Bruno