My IT Certification/Continuing Education Saga

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, the mailman brought me my official Cisco CCENT certification and wallet ID card today. They're out-of-stock on the decoder rings, though. They must be ordering them from the same Chinese distributor that we are. We haven't issued a Scot's MVP decoder ring in quite some time. :(

I'm still studying. Shooting for 5 April for my ICND2/CCNA exam. :yes:

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

See! They're still on backorder. I think the company that makes them in China was the same one that was adding poisonous stuff to the pet foods. It might be a while before they get up and running again. :(

V.T. Eric Layton

The bearded collie doggie is pretty cute; sister, not so much. ;)

Yeah, Josh... I have my moments. :lol:

yet another thread has succumbed to topic-distortion, crumbling into a shadow of the glory of its former self...

ps

+1

(i should get 5 or 10 for that post!)

Did you use the command line nonsense generator to make that post? :w00t:

V.T. Eric Layton

At my forums, we call this "thread shredding". It's an art form with us.

That being said, I would like to get my thread back on topic. I'm still studying, studying, studying... not as intensely as I would like, though. I'm much more casual about it lately. I hope that isn't a bad sign. I don't want to lose the burning motivation that I had a while back. That first crash course may have burned me out a bit. I seem to be more interested and the content is making more sense to me with my more casual approach, though. I can't drag this on forever, unfortunately. I need to knuckle down and get this second test taken care of so I can then take the easy ones (CompTIA).

Oh, and I still need to find a job, too. :(

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

So far, the trail hasn't heated up any; even with my new cert and all my LinkedIn networking. :(

So far, the trail hasn't heated up any; even with my new cert and all my LinkedIn networking. :(

Get back to studying

i6hX6FRAdqyb2.gif

Worry about a job when you are fully qualified. You'll have more options so a greater chance of becoming a suit. :harhar:

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

I'm sorry, mom. I broke my promise to you and didn't study tonight. I played with conky. Blame iChase and Amenditman. :yes:

V.T. Eric Layton

LOL! Sometimes you need to divert attention to ultimately retain more anyway. ;)

Umm... yeah! That sounds good. I'll use that one. :yes:

I'm sorry, mom. I broke my promise to you and didn't study tonight. I played with conky. Blame iChase and Amenditman. :yes:

Now you know that playing with conkers has been banned in the UK

Bju2jBXl.jpg

So in the interests of trans continental co-operation I must ask you to stop immediately.

conkers_1511773c.jpg

Even with full safety kit this practice is dangerous and can be deadly.

Conkers682_1139617a.jpg

As you see these deadly conkers are to be treated with caution in the wild. :breakfast:

Layton I'm ashamed of you. Have you done your homework ? :cool:

I had to google that.

The game is played by two players, each with a conker threaded onto a piece of string: they take turns striking each other's conker until one breaks.

I discovered that I indeed had the horse chestnut correct.

We used to collect them as kids and keep them in a cigar box. I don't remember that we actually did anything with them. We US kids were not as inventive as the British or Irish.

V.T. Eric Layton

That's funny. It reminded me of a toy in the U.S. back in the 60s that was banned at my school, too. They were called "knockers". There were two hardened plastic, colorful balls suspeded from two equal length strings and tied to a ring that you put on your finger. You were supposed to move your hand rapidly up and down and the balls would bounce of one another at the top and bottom of their rotations.

Yes, you sickos out there... you can be interpreting this as something to do with genitalia, but I'm serious. Bob (Amenditman), do you remember what I'm talking about here? I'm going to go look for a pic...

AHA!

klackers-431x300.jpg

Wow! The things you see when you search for "knockers" these days. I had to add "toy" to get any... ahem... sensible results. Anyway, that's them above. They're calling them clackers, knockers, etc. these days, but that's them. They're still being sold. How 'bout that?

brand-new-vintage-ker-knockers-klick-klack-new-one-set-af374.png

Bob (Amenditman), do you remember what I'm talking about here?

Are you trying to say that I am in the same age bracket as you are? I'm shocked and offended! :hysterical:

That picture, where did you get it. I thought I had destroyed all copies in existence. MOM!

We US kids were not as inventive as the British or Irish.

"We US kids were not as warlike as the British or Irish." The object of the contest is to smash the opponents conker to bits and eventually all the conkers of the local players. Thereby becoming the conquering king for the season. :pirate:

securitybreach

That's funny. It reminded me of a toy in the U.S. back in the 60s that was banned at my school, too. They were called "knockers". There were two hardened plastic, colorful balls suspeded from two equal length strings and tied to a ring that you put on your finger. You were supposed to move your hand rapidly up and down and the balls would bounce of one another at the top and bottom of their rotations.

brand-new-vintage-ker-knockers-klick-klack-new-one-set-af374.png

Banned? I had those when I was a kid back in the 80s. Yeah, I know... I am a young whippersnapper compared to you old fogies :hysterical: B)

V.T. Eric Layton

Banned at my school, I said. It was a Catholic school. No one is allowed to have fun in a Catholic school. I think it's a sin of some sort. ;)

securitybreach

Banned at my school, I said. It was a Catholic school. No one is allowed to have fun in a Catholic school. I think it's a sin of some sort. ;)

Ah, I took that as meaning that they were banned from being sold B)