Link of the Week Inbox

Scot

Good one ibe98765 -- I remember that one!To Serve Man, Rod Serling (from a story by Damon Knight), Twilight Zone, March 2, 1962.
Ha! I was wondering if anyone would make the connection! To Serve Man is always voted as the top TwilightZone episode of all time (see http://www.thetzsite.com/pages/scripts/089.html for the script). It is reshown periodically on the SciFi channel. I was also disappointed that UPN deep-sixed the latest incarnation of the TwilightZone. I though many of last years shows were quite good....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• ibe98765

• jbredmound

• SonicDragon

Seems to be a lot of people on the internet with all the answers to life's questions...like this guy.
I'm going to get some of those rings! Imortality here I come! And it must work - it's PATENTED! Oh boy, if I can live long enough (like forever), maybe my IRA will finally accumulate enough money for me to retire on... :w00t:Speaking of absurd patents, here's a set of links with plenty of wierd things to ponder:http://www.patent.freeserve.co.uk/othersites.html

• 2 weeks later...

This guy is an Israeli and does his “Work†in Israel.During the centuries a lot of “Miracles†occurred in the Holly Land. Might be the current one. :lol: :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan's a local guy and great artist. He and his wife just had a baby, so the money helps support both the site and the new baby. But the free gallery has some cool artwork as well. Be sure to check out the member's gallery...submissions from members. Some variety there.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, EdP! I've been reading a lot of comments these days in another forum about Hosts file this & Hosts file that. That link helped my understanding of how it works.

You're entirely welcome, Corrine. My pleasure. :blink: There was also a section of Fred Langa's 11/20's newsletter pertaining to the hosts file from a different perspective. My nephew was having a problem accessing the www.google.com website and ended up having to use their www.google.vg URL to get to it. After weeks of trying different things the problem was found to be his hosts file. He restored it from a backup and the problem was solved. Since then I've been more interested in the dang thing. :blink:

You're entirely welcome, Corrine. My pleasure.  <_< There was also a section of Fred Langa's 11/20's newsletter pertaining to the hosts file from a different perspective. My nephew was having a problem accessing the www.google.com website and ended up having to use their www.google.vg URL to get to it.  After weeks of trying different things the problem was found to be his hosts file.  He restored it from a backup and the problem was solved.  Since then I've been more interested in the dang thing.  B)
Here's an editor for hosts files:http://www.dx21.com/SOFTWARE/DX21/DOWNLOADS/HRE.zipHost Resolution Editor Supported Platforms 95/98/ME/NT4 Version 1.5.0 Release Date 01/28/2000 Description The Host Resolution Editor is a HOSTS / LMHOSTS editor that allows you to easily configure the resolution file through a user-friendly GUI. The editor easily creates new tightly formatted resolution files, as well as being able to read in any pre-created resolution file. The editor also has a built-in verification test which will double check your file for incorrect server names, missed multihomed computers, incorrect domain names, as well as other others. Editor allows you to create / maintain a network distribution list for easy push to network. Pricing This Application is FREEWARE.

Thanks ibe98765. Certainly priced right. :blink: But <sigh> it doesn't support XP. :(In that the 'hosts' file is text based entries in the format 'ip address' 'domain name' #'comment' it's not a major strumbling block. :blink: Besides I don't think the format has changed since WfWG.

Thanks ibe98765.  Certainly priced right.  ^_^  But <sigh> it doesn't support XP.  :(In that the 'hosts' file is text based entries in the format 'ip address' 'domain name' #'comment' it's not a major strumbling block.  :thumbsup:  Besides I don't think the format has changed since WfWG.
I think that anything that runs on NT will usually run on 2k + XP just fine. Of course, there will always be a few exceptions, particularly for anything that digs very deep into the internals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Jeez, can't let this topic die a sad and ugly death...time to start tossing some of my fav links in here. Like this one, for cat lovers. :P

James M. Fisher

Has kbAlertz.com been mentioned yet?

kbAlertz.com is an e-mail notification system that scans the entire Microsoft Knowledge Base every night, and e-mails you when updates or additions are made to the technologies you subscribe to.
I find it very handy to keep up-to-date on the latest KB articles that pertain to my areas of interest.

• 2 months later...

If you want to advertise your site, the appropriate thing to do is to list it in your profile so there is a link to it. However, make sure it meets the forum rules linked at the top of the page. Julia

Thanks, Julia!I don't want to advertise my site. I just wanted to suggest it in this thread. Here's a description and if any of you mods think it's spamming, feel free to edit/delete my post :sweatingbullets: .My new website, which has been running for around one and a half month, is all about computers and mainly Windows. It contains articles about Windows tips, tricks, advice, software reviews… all of which are written by me. I’m running the site on my own, so I’m struggling to update it. I usually add at least 3 articles a week. You won’t see too much fancy graphics as I’ve tried to maintain a pure, authoritative and tranquil look while focusing more on highly informative content. It takes little time to load even on a dial-up connection and my site contains no annoyances such as pop-ups, pop-unders, flash animations, tracking cookies…Good day! :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

I guess it's SpywareBlaster that's causing this and it's coz my site's hosted by FreeWebs. Perhaps FreeWebs uses tracking cookies, pop-up ads... I'm planning to buy a domain a.s.a.p. But my site's totally clean ^_^ so, if you're still interested in having a look it, go to Internet Options > Security > Restricted Sites > Sites... > and you could temporarily (or permanently) remove *.freewebs.com from the list. Try and see if it works.Good day!

• 2 months later...