Tablet questions from clueless

zlim

Liz, I am wondering why not Apple at all. Is it the way the company conducts itself? I am mainly curious, not trying to sway you either way.

Adam

Apple, why do I dislike thee? Let me count the ways. From the depth and bredth... Ahh, don't get me started!! :angry2:

• Like 1

I want to feel I'm in control. I have never installed iTunes on any computer and I wanted an mp3 player that would allow me a simple drag and drop of songs, not another software program that can create problems for many people. Almost daily I read someone posting about a problem with iTunes and I'm glad I don't have that problem.

As far as an apple computer, I prefer to open up my cases and do my own maintenance/battery replacement not mail or drive to an Apple store, which until recently were not close to where I live, and have the techs fix my device.

On the subject of smart phones I feel there are cheaper and just as functional phones as an iPhone. My bottom line on that, as a senior citizen, is "save my money for when I get really old!

Note: my mom will be 92 in January and my grandmother and great-grandmother lived to be 88 so I think I may be around for a few more years. :yes: Currently I have a phone that costs $5/month and my husband has a phone that costs $5/month. Until either of those phones fail to meet our needs, I'm sticking with our two phones. We both call locally and out of state without any problem.

I had one problem and that was in Bar Harbor Maine, trying to call Pennsylvania. I just waited until the ship docked in Boston and called. It was not an emergency, just catching up with someone.

I'm sure if I were in the business world, my view would be different.

I'll readily admit that the hardware is gorgeous; it just isn't something I need to own.

• Like 2

securitybreach

a friend got an android smart phone do to the much larger screen than the iphone.

although i heard the iphone 6 will be the size of a netbook...

Right :hysterical:

Guest LilBambi

The iPhone 5 is the same width as the iPhone 4S/4/3S. It's the height that they changed. The iPhone 5 is 4" on the diagonal and has a screen resolution of: 640x1136 pixels.

Specs

There is apparently an iPad Mini that might be available soon though according to the rumor mill. Here's a video on the iPad Mini rumors. I haven't seen it but looks like it might be interesting to watch.

The iPhone 5 is the same width as the iPhone 4S/4/3S. It's the height that they changed. The iPhone 5 is 4" on the diagonal and has a screen resolution of: 640x1136 pixels.

And I don't like it. 3.5" was just fine.

Adam