X File Explorer - Today's Featured Application

V.T. Eric Layton

securitybreach

It is a nice file manager but a bit ugly IMHO. Too bad, it does not use gtk themes very well.

I think I will stick with MidnightCommaner and PcManFM. That and the normal cli file-managing (rm, mv, cp, etc.) B)

V.T. Eric Layton

Strangely enough, I don't do any file manipulation in a GUI file manager. I usually just use one to view what's there, then I open a terminal and get down to business. I've always done it that way. Weird, huh? I copy/paste, rename, edit, update (touch), delete, manipulate ownership and permissions, etc. from the command line.

securitybreach

Strangely enough, I don't do any file manipulation in a GUI file manager. I usually just use one to view what's there, then I open a terminal and get down to business. I've always done it that way. Weird, huh? I copy/paste, rename, edit, update (touch), delete, manipulate ownership and permissions, etc. from the command line.

I do the same thing actually :thumbup:

I guess great minds think a lot..... B)

I usually use the GUI for copy, paste, rename, delete unless I am already at the command line. For ownership and permissions I always use the command line.

V.T. Eric Layton

We all have our own ways of doing things. This is why I took such a liking to GNU/Linux from the very start... there are SO MANY different ways to do things. In that other commercial operating system, you could be brain dead and still use it. It didn't have many options or require much thought. Not that I'm criticizing, you understand. That other OS serves its purpose and keeps the masses lazy and happy. ;)

• Like 1

I use the CLI for 2 reasons. 1. if you don't (at least for me) I start forgeting command line functions. So it keeps me sharp. 2. It just seems more proficient.

• Like 1

I've been using xfe for a couple of years. It has nearly instant access to the file system. Navigate to /usr/bin in Dolphin, then hurry up and wait for it to load. No waiting in xfe, it just appears right now.