What happened to my icon? Why am I no longer receiving anymore emails

onederer

I made this request a while back, but no one answered my questions?

Is this now just a one-topic forum for basically one Linux Distro?

Why was my Icon (avatar) deleted?

Why was I not advised of the changes?

Guest LilBambi

Your Icon (avatar) was not deleted. It went away when we upgraded. You just haven't replaced it yet.

The entire forum was advised there would be changes as we did our upgrade several months ago.

Sorry you didn't get an answer, but you need to post it in Forum Feedback for us to know you posted about it.

You can now add your avatar back on and see the following item to help you do that:

Change Avatar in Profile Photo Editor

I am moving this to Forum Feedback with a link back to BATL.

I don't know how to find my avatar anymore. I've used it for so many years, and in the course of that time, had some Linux distros go South on me. It's gone, unless I could find it on one of my old posts. However, I assume that this is also gone?

V.T. Eric Layton

What did your old avatar look like onederer? I don't remember. Maybe I can find you something similar.

I'm sorry that the board software upgrade caused you aggravation. It was very necessary, as the software version we were using was many years old... and a security issue.

Oh, and I'm not sure I follow you here:

Is this now just a one-topic forum for basically one Linux Distro?

What did you mean by this statement? Scot's Newsletter Forums is and always has been much more than just Linux. And we surely don't just talk about one Linux. I was just wondering what you meant by this.

Regards,

~Eric

securitybreach

Is this the one you used (the first one -- flipping penguin): http://animationsa2z.com/penguins.php

Thanks Fran

What did you mean by this statement? Scot's Newsletter Forums is and always has been much more than just Linux. And we surely don't just talk about one Linux. I was just wondering what you meant by this.

Regards,

~Eric

Yeah, I was kind of wondering the same thing :blink:

Guest LilBambi

You're welcome. I went looking for the flipping penguin by searching on penguin animated gif in Google. And i think that was your last image wasn't it onederer? The link that Josh posted is the one I found. :thumbsup:

Hope it is the right one.

securitybreach

You're welcome. I went looking for the flipping penguin by searching on penguin animated gif in Google. And i think that was your last image wasn't it onederer? The link that Josh posted is the one I found. :thumbsup:

Hope it is the right one.

:thumbup:

V.T. Eric Layton

AH! Yes! That flipping penguin...

penguin1.gif

I do believe that was onederer's avie, now that I see it again.

• Like 2

Thanks guys! I did find the Flipping Penguin, over the Internet. Now, how do I add my statements (quotes) at the end of my Posts? Where do I add my email address to get a copy of incoming posts, or replys to my posts? I was not able to find that nor edit other things in my personal section. The only thing that I could change was to add the avatar.

As far as my other statement, I got the impression that there are so many Arch fans on this site, I no longer believed that other users are coming up for questions. It looked like it was becoming a one-topic Linux Forum, based on Arch Linux.

Can you save those avatars on this forums? The original site that I got it from, went the way of the DODO birds. I'd hate to see them go for good! I didn't find out that you had already found my avatar until I returned to this forum, after I found it on the Internet.

Onederer

V.T. Eric Layton

I always have copies of my avatars saved on my own system... safest that way. :)

HA! A bunch of Arch Linux fanbois, eh? Well, that's just not right. I'll have to cheer a little louder for Slackware, I guess. ;)

You can click on your Profile and then click the edit button. You'll be able to change your sigline, add specs of your systems, etc.

Holler if you need more assistance! :yes:

Very nice tux avatars here.

http://tux.crystalxp...ie-chaplin.html

:shifty:

I used imgbox.com to resize and link to to get a 100 x 100 avatar to use here.

http://imgbox.com/

or you could use imagemagick and an alias.

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

alias tux="mogrify -path TUX -thumbnail 100x100! *.png"

Edited by abarbarian

V.T. Eric Layton

You have that much disk space?!?!?!?!

For a few little avatars? The entire directory is only 1.8M, and that includes my custom sigs. huh.gif

securitybreach

For a few little avatars? The entire directory is only 1.8M, and that includes my custom sigs. huh.gif

Yeah, I wondering about that too. Mine is 132mb but that is really tiny compared to most things:

╔═ comhack@Cerberus 01:00 PM 
╚═══ ~->du -h Pictures/Clips/
132M Pictures/Clips/

Guest LilBambi

Thanks guys! I did find the Flipping Penguin, over the Internet. Now, how do I add my statements (quotes) at the end of my Posts? Where do I add my email address to get a copy of incoming posts, or replys to my posts? I was not able to find that nor edit other things in my personal section. The only thing that I could change was to add the avatar.

You're welcome.

You change your sig (statements/quotes) in your Profile and email notifications, etc. in Settings (click on your username at the top right corner of the forums, and you will see profile and settings there as well as some other items).

Can you save those avatars on this forums? The original site that I got it from, went the way of the DODO birds. I'd hate to see them go for good! I didn't find out that you had already found my avatar until I returned to this forum, after I found it on the Internet.

When you added the avatar to your account, it is saved within the forum structure. However, as we saw with the upgrade, sometimes things can go awry, it's always best to keep a copy locally too, or on your flickr account, or other photo site account.