Request for possible addon

zlim

V.T. Eric Layton

All you have to do to see that is hover over your username in any thread. You'll see Last Active there. :)

Unless it's only Admins/Mods that see that? *shrugging*

No, it works for me as well. I can see how Liz would have missed that though... with all the changes the forum has gone through, I don't think hovering over the username was one of the options in the old version we had.

Guest LilBambi

If you don't have javascripting enabled, you can always just click on their profile as Last active is also on the profile page.

Thanks. That's one thing I never do - hover over my own username! I would never have figured that one out.

It shows I'm currently active which isn't what I had hoped to see. I haven't been on since Saturday and I was hoping to see what time on Saturday I was here.

Edited by zlim

V.T. Eric Layton

Did you make a posting on Saturday? You could always check your recent posts to see what time you made it, if so. I don't think it would stand up in court as a legit alibi, though. ;)

My "Last Active" shows the current time whether I make a post or not. That isn't what I wanted to know. For instance, today I'd expect to see, before I posted anything, that I was last active yesterday at anywhere from 4pm to 7pm but there is nowhere I can get that information short of doing a search for my posts. That's too cumbersome.

Freedomlist. Sorry I know it is different software. It shows whether I post anything or nothing. That's the kind of info I wanted to see.

timeFL.jpg

MajorGeeks, again different software

timeMG.jpg

I was hoping to get eeepcusers forum, which uses the same software but the site is down AGAIN! It's up for 1 or 2 days and then down for 2 or 3 weeks. There is no telling when I'll be able to get a screenshot.

Thanks Eric for checking. As I said, "if possible". Since it isn't, I will live with all the other nice features of this board as well as the great administrators. :teehee:

V.T. Eric Layton

Fran knows more about the under-the-hood stuff on this board than I do. She's been busy this week, though. When she pops in here, maybe she can check for an alternative method for you. :yes:

Guest LilBambi

I guess I don't understand. If you currently on the forum, that is your last active date/time ... the current date/time.

You would have to look at your profile or hovercard without being logged in I would think to see when your last logged in time was.

Are these other forums IP.Boards? If so, maybe you could ask them what Hook or Plugin they are using. Or even if on another forum board type, maybe the name of the addon/plugin/hook they are using for it. I went looking and did a cursory search (sevearl actually), and found nothing for last visit last time on forum, etc., in their market place.

Freedomlist uses an old version of http://www.phpbb.com/ so that would not help.

Major Geeks uses vBulletin® Version 3.8.4 which probably isn't much help either.

As I said the forum that does use the same software as Scot's goes down for 3 weeks at a time. Efforts to reach the webmaster and ask a question are hopeless.

I'm not sure I see a time there. When it comes back, I'll snag a screenshot and post it.

You can see that BUT the minute I come on and check, it tells me that I'm Online and Last Active with the current time. (This doesn't help me a bit.)

The only way I can see what you see is to not log in here, check my profile (if that is possible not logged in) and see when I left yesterday, then log in. That's too kludgy for me. I'll stick with not really knowing.

V.T. Eric Layton

Keep a personal log using old technology... pencil/paper. Just kidding, Liz. Please don't throw that flower vase at me. runaway.gif

Guest LilBambi

I spent over an hour over at their MarketPlace and went through their hooks and plugins, and about 700 overall addons, plus I did various searches which didn't return anything close.

One things you could do is change your status to a new quote when you are on the site and it will tell you when you were here last? Or make sure to post a little something whenever you are here just to be able to look at your recent/last posts on your profile to see when you are here. Even if you just post something to a game in the Restaurant?

Sorry, but I will keep my eye out.