• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• teacher

• Bruno

• Jeber

• siebkens

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Paracelsus
Hey, everybody, I think this thread is getting way off topic. Let's see if we can get it back on the original topic of.... of.... never mind. ;)
:D B) Sped09...Ollie, Ollie... Ox In Free!!!

You gotta love a three page thread with no real subject in a forum with no real topic. It would be fun to keep this thing active just to see how many others we could woo in here to read all these posts, only to discover that there is no point...nothing to learn...no discernable purpose to any of this. How existential. B) TAG, Paracelsus...you're it.

Isn't the fact that there is no point the point of it all? I thought about posting my 100th here but did not want the police (Computer Bob) to get on me for a useless post! :)

Guest ComputerBob
Isn't the fact that there is no point the point of it all?  I thought about posting my 100th here but did not want the police (Computer Bob) to get on me for a useless post! :lol:
"ComputerBob" is all one word. And don't get me started.... ;)

"ComputerBob" is all one word. And don't get me started....
Teacher, surely you knew this. A computerbob is a contest in which several computers are put in a large tub of water and the contestants try to grab one by dunking their heads into the tub and grabbing it with their teeth. Very popular at Washington State fairs.And, please, do get him started. We don't want CB to sit idle all day. :lol:

I have all these dinosaurs laying around. A computerbob might be a fun way to dispose of them. Only problem, where should I set up the dunk tank that would be in reach of the extension cord to plug in the computers?ComputerBob, ComputerBob, ComputerBob, ComputerBob, ComputerBob.Do I only have to type ComputerBob 5 times to correct it this time or do I have to start at 10?

jbredmound
now that Sped09 and Paracelsus have it, I want it too.
This may be one of those things in life you just have to get for yourself. Jeez, CB, you've got resources, know how to Google, Froogle and even Snoogle, you should have no problem getting it. Maybe you just don't want it enough to expend the effort to get it. In that case you'd be undeserving of it. You would have to settle for that...or what's behind door number two.
Oh my! is this an EST seminar? Wait, don't answer...I have to pee.

teacher: Do I only have to type ComputerBob 5 times to correct it this time or do I have to start at 10?
Hi teach,You need only type ComputerBob once, then copy ComputerBob to your clipboard. You can then paste ComputerBob as many times as necessary. I know all the cheats. :lol: BTW, cool new avatar. ;)

Hey Bruno - Great Avatar!
You've got a nice new one yourself teach ! Very nive !PS: I had to upgrade my profile ( question of good PR ) according to my<--------------- my new status ! :D Bruno

teacher: Do I only have to type ComputerBob 5 times to correct it this time or do I have to start at 10?
Hi teach,You need only type ComputerBob once, then copy ComputerBob to your clipboard. You can then paste ComputerBob as many times as necessary. I know all the cheats. :D BTW, cool new avatar. :D
Were you looking over my shoulder when I did all the cut and paste? :D I actually showed my daughter how to do that when she had to write something 500 times for something ridiculous (oh no, teachers never do things like that). :D I thought I should change the avatar to show my true personality. I have a niece that calls me "fro do woman" because she thinks it is hilarious that I have dark curly hair in a family of blonds. Maybe it was the competitive challenge - how many times can you change your avatar? JBRedmound - I am afraid to ask what EST stands for. I can think of lots of things like Estimated Stupidity Test and others

Guest ComputerBob
ComputerBob, ComputerBob, ComputerBob, ComputerBob, ComputerBob.
Be very careful -- I'm like Beetlejuice, from the Michael Keaton movie of the same name. If you say my name out loud 3 times, I appear, and I'm very, very, very hard to get rid of. ;) ;) :lol:

What a hoot! I actually watched that again sometime in this past year. Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuiceor is itComputerBob, ComputerBob, Computerbop

jbredmound

OK, it's the 70's, and people are looking to "self-actualize", and along comes this guy, who has renamed himself "Werner Erhardt", offering the Erhardt Seminar Training. So you have, like, 250 people in a meeting room at some hotel, and the whole point, they all think, is to get "it". But Werner's whole point is that there is no "it". so people struggle big time. Add to the struggle the fact that you don't get a bathroom break until the whole group reaches a certain point in their understanding (my group went 14 hours...I think we were resistant). You see, you don't want to be a "tube", always worried about your belly or alimentary system, but rather Live a successful life, knowing the truth!So, after waiting 14 hours for a break (I REALLY ENJOYED THAT CIGARETTE), you get to listen to people saying "I got it!...did you get it...I mean...<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>it?"</span>I just checked in with "staff" to make sure that nobody stole my watch, which they made me turn in before I could go in the room. Oh, and I peed.Dude wound up in prison on tax evasion, and some of his "trainers" started "The Forum". Same stuff, but you got to pee.Did I explain "EST" OK?

Sounds like I had it right, "Estimated Stupidity Test". <_< After your lengthy explanation it rang a bell. Guess it was one of those things I tuned out. I was too busy being a high school/college student in the 70s or starting work-- in a hurry to get to the real world.I just noticed this has 45 posts already. I wanted to go back and remark on this and I got a "flood control" warning. Not bad for a thread about nothing...

We're hard at work to correct this problem as we speak. You see, we're down line from all the other forums here in the test area, so we suffer periodic flooding due to poor overflow containment. We've considered diversion channels or perhaps a dam/reservoir system. Meanwhile, roll up your pants legs, seek high ground, and keep posting. :blink:

Guest LilBambi

LOL! I know what you mean Jeber ... was tempted to 'sticky' this one so it doesn't keep falling off ... might be better than rolling up our pants in a vain effort to effect some sort of dam/reservoir control from the downhill flood! B) Give the word and I will give it a try :blink:

You folks are too much! BTW Bambi I like your home page. Will have to get a map out to see what part of VA it is where you are located. I have on my waders -- or capris -- today. I also have my rain slicker here. Gently walking stradlig the abyss.

Guest LilBambi

LOL! :blink: BTW: Glad you enjoyed my website B) ... As far as this part of Virginia .... now how did Luke Skywalker explain where his planet was in Star Wars ... LOL .... ;) (actually, I love it here...out in the country but an little over an hour to the city ... nice compromise really ... and great for looking at the stars at night .... no noise pollution to be speaking about. Only real downside ... NO broadband!).

jbredmound

Man, there is so much water in here now, I feel like an extra in the movie "Das Boat". Forget the waders, we are going to need "escape bladders".You know, when I get exposed to cold water, sometimes it makes me need to...gotta go!

Guest LilBambi

Hmmmm....let me see ... yep ... looks like the flood waters have definitely gone down some ... now where'd that white dove (or was that a homing pigeon) get to? Hey, it apparently worked for Noah! LOL! B)

Just found this thread today, there are so many good buried ones. How’s a new member supposed to get up to date??Just an observation from across the big pond: There were many of you logged in for the last few hours (Saturday morning, early east coast, VERY early west coast). I've been displaying the same behaviour since I've joined. Spending more hours here, than "being creative" in my job. :)Just wanted to comment how nice it is in here. it's my first Forum, and I'm very impressed. so glad that spelling and grammer doesn't count!! B) :)

Guest LilBambi

Julia --Thanks and it looks like you already sent him out and he found that olive branch already.Guess it's ok to come back to play again ;)beeTee --Welcome! Happy you found us. SFNL Forums is a great place to hang out! Quite addictive, should come with a warning! LOL! B)

BeeTee - Welcome to the secret part of the forum. This is the undercover operation without forum monitors. We do try to play nice though. B) You are right. I don't even look at spelling and grammar here! I was surprised at how few were on last night and how many eary this morning. I am an early morning person and right now I am stuck babysitting houseguests' offspring. I just threw them in the hot tub. I guess I will have to check back later to see if they are boiled properly. :) Then I can send them out to play in traffic.

Maybe this one is more appropriate:selfserv.gifTeacher - my Mom taught me a neat game as a kid, "Dodge Cars". I'll come over and teach it to your charges, if you'd like. Got a freeway nearby?