Mount problem

abarbarian

abarbarian

http://imgbox.com/aaq2SRNM

Since I put the archarm image on to a sd card I get "mount" showing up in top(see image above).Mount is running at 100% all the time which surely is not good.

I tried "kill -9 ****" and "kill ****" but nothing works. If I reboot "mount" does not show in top until I open spacefm and have a look at the drives section.

Any ideas folks ??

:'(

abarbarian

Can't help. Sorry. I don't know anything about Arch Linux ARM. :(

My bad.

It is my Arch 64 on the pc that is giving trouble. One othere thing is that the pc will not shut down no matter what command I give. tried ctrl+alt+F1 to get to another tty but the darn thing still will not shut down. :'(

securitybreach

You have me completely stumped as I have not ever ran across anything remotely like your issue. I tried to research this and still did not find anything.

Sorry I could not be more of a help.

So what do you get when as root you type:

# shutdown -h now 

Do you get an error? What about

# reboot

abarbarian

So what do you get when as root you type:

# shutdown -h now 

Do you get an error? What about

# reboot

Pc does nothing just sits there refusing to go away.

http://i.imgur.com/9gHXr.jpg

Josh if you think that is wierd take alook at where me transmission has ended up. An I can not get it back. I'll have another look for a config file when I have the time.

So little time and so many pies to cook :th_0142:

V.T. Eric Layton

Just REMOVE POWER from the unit. Sometimes, you just can't get around this. Odds are, you won't trash your system. Once you've powered down for a few minutes (all power removed from computer), reapply mains power and start up.

securitybreach

Honesty this sounds as thought it may have something to do with your hardware. Hopefully nothing is failing....

abarbarian

Just REMOVE POWER from the unit. Sometimes, you just can't get around this. Odds are, you won't trash your system. Once you've powered down for a few minutes (all power removed from computer), reapply mains power and start up.

Yea I have been doing that.

abarbarian

Honesty this sounds as thought it may have something to do with your hardware. Hopefully nothing is failing....

It is not a hardware failure.

I left the pc running after I tried to shut it down and after ten minutes a message came on screen " shutdown has been blocked for 120 seconds" or something like that. How ten minutes can turn into 120 seconds is beyond me but thats penguins for you different time zones an all.

So I recon this has something to do with trying to read the sd cards with the wrong reader, maybe. :hmm:

V.T. Eric Layton

Yea I have been doing that.

AH! OK. You made it sound as though you had just left the locked up system up and running to this point. If this thing continues to lock up like this, I would...

nuke-it-from-orbit.jpg

:hysterical:

abarbarian

AH! OK. You made it sound as though you had just left the locked up system up and running to this point. If this thing continues to lock up like this, I would...

nuke-it-from-orbit.jpg

:hysterical:

Tsk tsk bad grasshopper.

I stopprd "mount" appearing and consuming cpu by this fix below. As I have not shut down yet I do not know if it is a full fix. :shifty: