DreamWeaver

pc-tecky

Real simple I suppose. The short term answer says I should get the $100 AE version, but I don't know if I can upgrade to retail later on if necessary. The long term answer says I should get the $400 retail version and not worry about the upgrading and lincensing issues that the AE will limit you too. That means I could go into business with it if I wanted too... :thumbsup:The AE Studio price is $250 while the retail is way out there with a price tag of $900. :blink: Which way do you turn when stopped at a five way interesection? :unsure: So what would you do (and why)??

Do you need the studio? - maybe buy each product over time - DW 2004 MX for about $275.00 - just an option to think about.If you want all the programs at once well than Studio is gonna cost ya upfront, but the programs are nice. I don't think anything compares to Macromedia myself. I've been using Quanta in Linux and getting use to that, hard to change, but I find changing html editors is easier than changing photo editors. What is it that your looking at using the most out of the studio? I know I would have to buy each program seperately and make due with something else till I could afford to replace it. I usually pick the program I would use the most first and work down the line

The difference between the AE and the commerical is the license to use it professionally. It is the same program. It is simply paying for the right to make a living with it. Since I am a teacher and don't use it professionally, we buy the AE at work. So far I have yet to get one that was different from the retail other than a stamp on the box. Use the AE to learn and then buy the retail when you are ready to make a living with it. If you are in a position where you can ethically buy the AE version and don't plan to use it to make a living then get the AE. If you are fudging about getting the AE and not really eligible, then buy what you can comfortably afford of the retail. :unsure: Julia :blink:

I don't "need" studio, I just saw the AE prices and thought along the lines of Office Standard/SBE (good) vs. Office Pro (better) vs. Office Delevoper (best) compared to retail prices (yikes!). I thought I'd put the question out to get a better feel. The question isn't eligilability, but long-term usage under the terms of the AE license.havnblast,Where did you find DW 2004 for $275? I need to do more price shopping then. :-)

Does this mean that I can get Dreamweaver for $100 to create the webpage at the elementary school where I help out? If so, where would I find that? When I researched this just before Christmas, I looked at the Dreamweaver page & didn't see that option. We are currently using FP2002 - Ouch!!Thanks!

My favorite is http://www.journeyed.com They frequently require proof but you do have students in the house as well or can just have it delivered to the school. I can't tell you how many dollars they have received of my money - probably because they are the US distributor of the educational version of Maya as well. Watch their specials as well. --Julia :D

Thanks Julia - I'll keep an eye on that site & share it with the 2 schools where I help out. :D This is outstanding to be able to find out about these great resources!!

And I thought every college student and school knew about AE software for teaching and learning. Now you can't use these for "money making" or in the office and administration. But you never know what you can do in trying to teach or learn. ;) Thanks, but retail still seems to sit around $400 retail.Gee, the specs says I need a P-III 600MHz, how well will a P-II 450MHz work? :thumbsup: