New Mail Indicator

bjf123

First off, I know I have too many e-mail addresses that I check. Right now, I have eight that I check in Thunderbird 0.4. For the three that I use the most, I have the mailboxes expanded so that I see the Inbox, Drafts, Send, etc. The other five have the boxes collapsed. Is there some way to have TB indicate which boxes have new mail when I check for new messages? The only way to see that right now is when the Inbox goes bold and displays a number next to it. I'd like to be able to keep all the mailboxes collapsed and only open the ones with new messages. I can't keep them all expanded or they don't fit on the screen.

bjf... That's a good question... As far as I know, this feature isn't implemented yet. You might head over to http://forums.mozillazine.org (in a couple days after the mess settles down) and request this feature in the T-bird forum. I'm sure you're not the only one with this situation. :)

I just installed Thunderbird 0.5 on both my PC and Mac. On the PC, the icon in front of the mailbox name changes just a bit when there's new mail in the Inbox. That doesn't, however, happen on my Mac.

Guest LilBambi

bjf123,I was just going to mention about the change to the icon for the account when new mail is received but alas your Mac doesn't do that. Interesting.You might want to definitely go to the Mozilla Forums as Ryan was saying to see about putting in a mention about it working on the PC version but not on the Mac version.

The thought just crossed my mind that there's a possibility that a different theme may have done more with these icons, so maybe trying a different theme might work as well...

The thought just crossed my mind that there's a possibility that a different theme may have done more with these icons, so maybe trying a different theme might work as well...
I haven't installed any themes. Both the PC and Mac set ups are whatever is installed from the download.

That's what they looked like on my Wintel box, but not the Mac. Since I had installed the new versions of Thunderbird and Firefox Monday night, I decided to run Repair Disk Permissions last night. That must have fixed something, because the new mail indicators starting working after that. Don't know why that would make a difference, but it did, so all is well. :D