USAtoday and FLASH

nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

I had a customer point this out to me and it is the same on my machine as well.If you goto http://www.usatoday.com/news/snapshot.htm?...-02-06-diet.jpgYou should get a flash presentation. I get a box that requests me to load flash. Been there, done that, got the plug-in. Still no joy.Anybody else get this? This is on a Xp and a Win2K box. What about you Linux desktops?

Same with Mozilla 1.5. Even after I downloaded Flash & it said it was successful - in Preferences, the x-shockwave-flash files (swf) are tied to the viewer which is my default image viewer (in my case irfanview). I'm going to try to tie it to Flashplayer - now I just have to find the flash program.But, if I go to the Macromedia flash test page, it seems to work fine. :blink:Maybe the USA Today page works only for IE? B)

Does not work in Linux. I use Galeon which is a mozilla code. There are just a few sites that don't work well with it. HPs help desk online is one. Everything you type is scrambled. I ran across one the other day on USA that gave the flash error and I could not figure out why since everything else works in Galeon.--Julia B)

nlinecomputers

Update!I downloaded an add on called PrefBar http://prefbar.mozdev.org/. One of the things it lets you do is spoof what Browser is running. I set it for IE 6.0 WinXP and wham the page loads. :o Time to send nastygram to the webmaster at USATODAY.com :o No need to filter this based on Mozilla browsers.