Geek Pride Day: May 25th

Guest LilBambi

Guest LilBambi

venngeek.jpg?7794fe

As you might imagine, we here at GeekWire gave a lot of thought to the meaning of the word “geek” when we were coming up with a name for this site. We ended up settling on something along the lines of the definition put forth by this Venn diagram.

As an equation, it would be expressed, Geek = (Intelligence + Obsession) – Social Ineptitude.

Guest LilBambi

CF1807-brn.jpg

These are my Geek Pride Day glasses! :thumbup:

Well they would be if I bought them from eBay! ;)

Edited by LilBambi

V.T. Eric Layton

BTW, does geek = nerd?

No. See the Venn diagram above. A nerd is a more socially inept geek. ;)

CF1807-brn.jpg

These are my Geek Pride Day glasses! :thumbup:

Well they would be if I bought them from eBay! ;)

Hmmm, they look a lot like my new glasses except they are black. Do geek glasses make you a geek, or vice versa? B)

abarbarian

Beards for Dummies: a Chart Clarifying Beards to Non-Geeks

If you do not have time to grow a beard, and which geek would not want one, before May 25th. Take a look at the chart before ordering your false beard. Get your facts straight. There is nothing more embarasing than telling someone you have a Soul Patch when you are sporting a Goatee.

;)

Edited by abarbarian
  • Like 1

Guest LilBambi

Hmmm, they look a lot like my new glasses except they are black. Do geek glasses make you a geek, or vice versa? B)

Sounds like a chicken and egg kinda thing? ;)

securitybreach

With a full beard and geeky glasses like Fran shown (except mine are black and transition in the sun), I wear my Geekiness like a badge of honor. Here is a picture of the exact frame I have except for a different brand. They also turn completely dark (not like the ones from years ago that just tint a little) when I step outside. The transition takes all of 20 seconds:

480410191388219.jpg

BTW, does geek = nerd?

Not even close, this may help: How to Tell the Difference Between Nerds and Geeks

securitybreach

From the link above under Warnings:

Geeks are well aware of their geekiness. Many geeks are even proud of being a geek, hence the launching of sites such as ThinkGeek.com, LifeHacker, Gizmodo, and Engadget. Therefore, do not ever challenge a geek's level of geekdom if you wish to converse with them. Likewise, do not question the intellect of a nerd, lest you be shunned from their conversations.

Rofl :hysterical:

B)

V.T. Eric Layton

Beards for Dummies: a Chart Clarifying Beards to Non-Geeks

If you do not have time to grow a beard, and which geek would not want one, before May 25th. Take a look at the chart before ordering your false beard. Get your facts straight. There is nothing more embarasing than telling someone you have a Soul Patch when you are sporting a Goatee.

;)

I've got the beard thing covered. Thanks. :)

vtel57-new.jpg

I'm a wanabe Geek as I do not feel as if I have accomplished geek status. A status of Geek is earned over time. I am in the study phase to become certified. ;) Now that Josh guy, with the screen name.....Ahhhhhh.....what was that......oh yeah, Security Breach......Yeah.......That guy is DEFINITELY a GEEK!!!!!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Fran..A.K.A Lilbambi.....Don't let the cute screen name fool you. Superior Female Geek!!!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: V.T. Eric Layton. Now don't let the appearance fool you on this one. The last thing you think when you see him is geek but then again he is the first Biker Geek that I have had the honor of gaining knowlege from :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: ....Biker Geek......is that an oxymoron?? : :hysterical:

amenditman

I've got the beard thing covered. Thanks. :)

vtel57-new.jpg

Right there with you Eric.

Full beard with no silly shaving above or below, just keep it trimmed and dignified. The rest are just fashion statements.

Geeks don't need no fashion statements.

amenditman

I'm a wanabe Geek as I do not feel as if I have accomplished geek status. A status of Geek is earned over time. I am in the study phase to become certified. ;) Now that Josh guy, with the screen name.....Ahhhhhh.....what was that......oh yeah, Security Breach......Yeah.......That guy is DEFINITELY a GEEK!!!!!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Fran..A.K.A Lilbambi.....Don't let the cute screen name fool you. Superior Female Geek!!!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: V.T. Eric Layton. Now don't let the appearance fool you on this one. The last thing you think when you see him is geek but then again he is the first Biker Geek that I have had the honor of gaining knowlege from :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: ....Biker Geek......is that an oxymoron?? : :hysterical:

It's a well kept secret that I am a Handyman/Craftsman Geek. My two best nicknames are Dr. Bob the Builder and Fix-It Tux.

securitybreach

It's a well kept secret that I am a Handyman/Craftsman Geek. My two best nicknames are Dr. Bob the Builder and Fix-It Tux.

:thumbsup: B)

Right there with you Eric.

Full beard with no silly shaving above or below, just keep it trimmed and dignified. The rest are just fashion statements.

Geeks don't need no fashion statements.

Been shaving for eleven years now. I look forward to retirement when I don't have to. My wife disagrees......

Lol

Adam

Guest LilBambi

Been shaving for eleven years now. I look forward to retirement when I don't have to. My wife disagrees......

Lol

Adam

Oh, boy... This could get interesting. ;)

amenditman

Lol

Adam

Once you get back to a natural, geek beard she will realize she was wrong. You might even get an apology. NOT! :hysterical:

Oh, boy... This could get interesting. ;)

I just hate wasting time shaving every day. We've discussed laser hair removal on my face once or twice. I don't care wether I have a beard or not, only the time spent shaving.

Adam

abarbarian

Lol

Adam

Well if your still in your teens then you got a long way to go to retirement. :lol: