Post your desktop screenshot here :)

Guest ThunderRiver

Guest ThunderRiver

Well, anyone who wants to post their desktop screenshot, please feel free to do so! Unfortunately, this is not a thread for 56k user, so please bare with us. For the rest, show your screen!My screen is plain old cuz it is a serverDesktop030411Win2k3EntSvr.jpg

desktop.pngNice and simple... very easy to use :)Edit- This is my take on the Longhorn default theme (ideas taken from screenshots). I liked the color scheme, so thought I'd see if I could do it myself :rolleyes:

Here's mine. The wallpaper is a SOHO image of the Sun taken during a Coronal Mass Ejection while a large comet was nearby.Cool. :( Nothing on the desktop but the recycle bin for dragging desktop shortcuts to. :rolleyes: I start everything from awell organized Start Menu.MyDesktop.jpgIcons in System Tray, left to right:

• Capture -- a screen capture tool from AnalogX
  • Internet connection
  • PPMailCheck -- mail notifier and spam filter
  • Task Manager
  • VirtuaWin -- multiple desktop utility
  • Clipboard Magic -- clipboard archiving utility
  • FreeMem -- Memory monitor and free-up tool
  • Volume control
  • TClockEx -- 3rd party clock and calendar

Hidden icons:

• Email client
  • CallWave
  • Mouse Properties
  • E-trust internet security

Some really neat wallpapers. Lady L-- I like it! I would post mine (one of my daughter's art college assignments but don't have a web site where I can freely post stuff. I keep my desktop and task bar clean. People are known to bop in and use my computer. They frequently tell me later something is wrong with my computer...nothing is on the desktop - it must be locked up!!!! GolfPro - nice work - did you design your wallpaper? Big Jeff - my rocket science friends would like yours! Thunder River - do I take it you are from A square? Nice city.

I wish I could say I designed my wallpaper... it's one I found about 2 years ago (found it on a backup cd from my old computer).... I've got some other great ones too...

Some of you may notice that my desktop is now different... basically, I got bored and couldn't sleep, so started playing with some tweaks... I think I like the new scheme :)My go back to the 8ball wallpaper though... tough choice :unsure:

Information: ( Same for all 3 Screen Shots )Native Screen Resolution : 1600 x 1200 x 32bit colorScreen Shot Reduced to : 800 x 600Native Image Size : 1600 x 1200Image Designed by : MyselfIcons on Desktop : NoneIcons in Taskbar : Too many to mention... :unsure: CURRENT DESKTOP :ALTERNATING DESKTOPS : ( Click thumbnails to view 800 x 600 versions... )* Sorry my screenshots were lost during some spring cleaning... *

Guest ThunderRiver

Very nice... Maxior, I wish I could set FreeBSD up and give it a try.. got more troubles with its installatin than OpenBSD

OK, I give up.  How do I include my desktop image in my post?
You need to have your image uploaded to a host server, and you need to link to it using tags in your post. Write back if you need more help. :D

My desktop from work, shown here is a customized photo from theastronomy picture of the day archive. As you can see I had a little free time at work to modify things a bit. :) My pc at home is rather boring. Your standard WinXP background. Too busy gaming to be fiddling with that kind of stuff at home. :) I shrunk the size down for you folks using small monitors like those 17" jobs. :) desktop.jpg

T_Downey,I always use astronomy wallpaper. Thanks for the link. I usually get mine from space.com.teacher,Very nice wallpaper. It's... well... teachery! :) It's nice to see so many tidy and uncluttered desktops here. :)

teacher,Very nice wallpaper. It's... well... teachery!  :D
Big JeffI guess it is "teachery." (Look that one up in your Funk & Wagnels) I always have to show off my daughter's work. Paying for art college means little money for computers :huh: Actually, I rotate her stuff through the screen saver but seem to change the desktop out once a week. :) I was surprised at how many keep their desktops clean. B) I am a clutter free person. Now, if only I could figure out a way to keep the house and the classroom clutter-free! B)

brucekrymow

Hi, Chris ~:D That's pretty good!I just have a pet peeve for desktop icons. I feel a desktop should be a desktop - a workspace. 'All Programs' is where all program shortcuts should go, not on the desktop. I mean, come on, it is only a click or two away! Has our society become that lazy? Reminds me of the commmercial where a guy is screaming "Help! Help me!" until a young passerby comes to the rescue only to find the fellow couldn't reach the T.V. remote from the comfort of the sofa. :blink: I believe there's a place for everything and a everything in it's place. I know, I know - albeit strong, this is merely a personal pref.

Hi, Chris ~:o That's pretty good!I just have a pet peeve for desktop icons.  I feel a desktop should be a desktop - a workspace.  'All Programs' is where all program shortcuts should go, not on the desktop. I mean, come on, it is only a click or two away! Has our society become that lazy? Reminds me of the commmercial where a guy is screaming "Help! Help me!" until a young passerby comes to the rescue only to find the fellow couldn't reach the T.V. remote from the comfort of the sofa.  :o  I believe there's a place for everything and a everything in it's place. I know, I know - albeit strong, this is merely a personal pref.
Bruce,Hey thats's cool, that's what the "P" in PC is means , Personal. You paid for it, do whatever the **** you want with it. My desktop is slimming down, icon wise as well, I used to have about five times as many as I do now. To each, his own, right?Chris

Grasshopper
desktop.jpgI've been doing some searching for assorted things on the net and I wasn't able to look at them before I had to shut down my machine last night (our guest sleeps in the same room as my computer-- :o ) and I haven't presently haven't looked at them yet, but will this evening...otherwise my desktop is usually a little cleaner.BTW, this is my car, my baby, my 97 Thunderbird.

Grasshopper

Sorry about the double post!!The forum hiccupped when I was posting--some fatal error.Someone with admin rights wanna delete my second post and this one?? Pretty please?

T birdWhat does the license plate stand for? :o I'm a little slow at figuring these out sometimes. I can figure out the power but the unsn is hard to compute.

My guess would be that unsn stands for Unseen... basically (if I"m correct) he's saying that his car's got more juice than it looks like it would... (i'm guessing he's added a few things under the hood/exhaust B)

Grasshopper

Chicago man,You are correct!!It's usually about 50/50 on people figuring it out. I like the way it looks, but it could also have been UNCNPWR (to be better phonically). Oh well. I like it.And yes, I've done some work under the hood. Well only one thing, but it was significant. I put a supercharger kit (www.allenengine.com) on it. There's lots more to do but ya gotta have $$$ to do it with!That's one of the good things about Thunderbirds. You can make a real sleeper out of them. B) Most parts are interchangable between Mustangs or Lincoln Mark VIII's. It's my dream car and I was lucky enough to have it at 25.

Here's my desktop - desktop1.jpgNothing extra special - just a little customization using themes for Style XP and a background a friend sent me a few years back...