Some COOL Extensions for FF and TB

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

I recently added some extensions in FF and TB that are pretty cool. I thought I'd post about them here in case anyone was interested...

Old Default Image Style 1.0 - FF - This extension reverts back to the older style "view image" in Firefox. The newer FF centers the image on the page with a black background. In older versions, there was no centering and the image was on a plain white background page. I'm talking here about when you RIGHT click on an image on a website and choose "View Image" from the context menu.

Theme and Font Size Changer 5.3 - FF and/or TB - This extension allows you to change the colors, fonts, and font sizes within the FF and TB interfaces regardless of the settings of your desktop/windows manager.

QuickFox Notes 2.7.3 - FF and/or TB - This cool little extension adds a note pad/sticky note application to either your FF or your TB. I use it in TB for everyday "don't forget the milk and bread" type notes. It's pretty cool, I think.

Have FUN! :)

I recently added some extensions in FF and TB that are pretty cool. I thought I'd post about them here in case anyone was interested...

Old Default Image Style 1.0 - FF - This extension reverts back to the older style "view image" in Firefox. The newer FF centers the image on the page with a black background. In older versions, there was not centering and the image was on a plain white background page. I'm talking here about when you RIGHT click on an image on a website and choose "View Image" from the context menu.

[...]

this really goest to a matter of taste thing. It annoyed me that the image goes to the upper left , centering at least horizontally i much prefer. White or black background doesn't make much diff to me. But this is my :rant: - something like this should really be in the user preferences. it would not be that hard. it is like the various browser programs are doing things to purposefully annoy people.

V.T. Eric Layton

this really goest to a matter of taste thing. It annoyed me that the image goes to the upper left , centering at least horizontally i much prefer. White or black background doesn't make much diff to me. But this is my :rant: - something like this should really be in the user preferences. it would not be that hard. it is like the various browser programs are doing things to purposefully annoy people.

I actually liked the centering, just not the black background. Fortunately, this extension allows you to continue to center while reverting the background to plain white; perfect for me. :)

V.T. Eric Layton

With your fantastic bandwidth, I understand why you eschew image display in your browser. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

Yes...did you see the annoyance errr, review posting over at Broadband/DSL Reports here about Verizon Wireless. :whistling:

There are advantages to small town living. Viable, inexpensive Internet access is evidently NOT one of them. :(