Collusion - Discover who’s tracking you online

abarbarian

abarbarian

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/collusion/

Collusion is an experimental add-on for Firefox and allows you to see all the third parties that are tracking your movements across the Web. It will show, in real time, how that data creates a spider-web of interaction between companies and other trackers.

Collusion is about choice

Not all tracking is bad. Many services rely on user data to provide relevant content and enhance your online experience. But most tracking happens without users' consent and without their knowledge. That’s not okay. It should be you who decides when, how and if you want to be tracked. Collusion will be a powerful tool to help you do that.

It makes some really pretty patterns after you have been surfing for a while. :look:

V.T. Eric Layton

I installed it just for ha-has. However, it seems to be one of those extensions that resides ONLY in the add-on toolbar, which I have disabled on my FF because I can't stand the darn thing. So, that means I cannot access my Collusion app. Phooey! :(

Oh, and when I say "disabled", I mean by chrome.css mod, not just turned off.

V.T. Eric Layton

Yup. That's the add-on bar. Me no like. Me KILL add-on bar way back at about FF version 4.0. :angry:

It was always there - they just made it an add-on since 4.0. I have it there because I use the status4evar extension.

Guest LilBambi

They should actually allow you, the user to choose where it shows up. I use the addon toolbar at the bottom but I wouldn't if I could get everything along the navigation toolbar. More like Google Chrome does it.

In Win7 it sits at the bottom of the screen next to NoScript in the Status bar which, in itself, is an add-on since FF got rid of the status bar. Status4Evar. The tracking results are pretty amazing,

alphaomega

I installed it just for ha-has. However, it seems to be one of those extensions that resides ONLY in the add-on toolbar, which I have disabled on my FF because I can't stand the darn thing. So, that means I cannot access my Collusion app. Phooey! :(

Oh, and when I say "disabled", I mean by chrome.css mod, not just turned off.

I used the customize toolbar to drag collusion from the add-on toolbar to right next to the "open a new tab" plus sign.

HTH

abarbarian

I used the customize toolbar to drag collusion from the add-on toolbar to right next to the "open a new tab" plus sign.

HTH

Ta if you had not posted I would not have worked out how to do that. :clap2:

I tried the customise panel but could not see any icon. I tried moving the icon from the bottom bar to the top bar. No joy at all.

However I dragged the icon into the customise panel and then dragged the icon on to the top bar. Hurray it worked, got rid of the bottom bar and all is well again. :happyroll:

Guest LilBambi

HTH

I was actually using the Addon bar but mainly due to collusion being there I guess. All the others are in the Navigation now. Except for collusion.

I moved it too. It's not very pretty up there, but it works. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

They should actually allow you, the user to choose where it shows up. I use the addon toolbar at the bottom but I wouldn't if I could get everything along the navigation toolbar. More like Google Chrome does it.

You mean kinda' like I have mine set up?

ff_toolbar-shot-1.png

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

What I meant to demonstrate is how I do NOT use the add-on bar at all in FF. I create custom buttons for my add-ons and other apps and place them on the main toolbars. :)