Don't Lose the Internet in July! FBI Repeats DNSChanger Warnin

Guest LilBambi

Guest LilBambi

Don't Lose the Internet in July! FBI Repeats DNSChanger Warning - PCMag

By Damon Poeter

If you've still got DNSChanger on your computer, you could be in for a frustrating summer. The FBI has repeated a warning that as many as half a million computers still infected with the malware could lose their Internet connections on July 9 because the agency is shutting down an expensive workaround to the problem.

The FBI has been running DNS servers since last year to replace malicious servers used by a group of Estonians to conduct an affiliate and referral fee scam made possible by the DNSChanger Trojan, which diverted users seeking legitimate websites to sites the cybergang wanted them to visit in order to collect fees from their traffic.

More in the article

I can not belive they were ethnic Estonians. More probably renagade Russian emigrees with fake pasports. :rolleyes:

Edited by abarbarian

Guest LilBambi

All you need on DNS Changer is here > http://www.dcwg.org/ This is basically a one stop shop.

Your AV Vendor should be showing something like how ESET is,

I think that my computer is infected with DNS Changer, what should I do? http://kb.eset.com/e...ent&id=SOLN2998

That's great! Thanks siljaline!

As I noted elsewhere, it's great to see ya back here again! :thumbsup: