What are your PC's Specs?

GolfProRM

Not really GolfProRM actually I tried to sell it to coffeeswirls in another ( To remain unnamed ) forum . Actually this is what I look like after a couple hours on the computertoomuchcoffee.jpg

<_< I noticed in all lists of computer specs on all forums I go to that the wife nearly always gets the second best computer. One even gets the third best because Linux is on the second best.One day all wives and girlfriends are going to revolt and take over the best computers.I'm very lucky that my "other half" doesn't even know how to turn on a computer.

Well about the Wife thing, She has the second best here at our house because it was a gift from me and I am the one who had to pay for it. No sense getting top notch equipment in it for what she uses it for. How much power does it take to run Internet Explorer and Outlook Express and every once in a blue moon Word? I though 1GHz was more than enough. I did splurge for a wireless mouse that she just loves and I do pay for the $45 a month internet that she can't do without for even a day. She does not even know what dial-up was like. I'd consider that spoiled.Chris :D

so you DO actualy have a computer !?!
Well, you know, Bruno...here's the thing. I'm pretty sure I don't have anything like all these geeks are describing. I went and looked.....and I do have a toaster...and a microwave...couple of radios,,,a TV...some stuff that seems to be electrical, but I'm not sure what it does. Tell me what I should be looking for, and I'll go check again. :D

Now let's open up this laptop and see what's in there.... :blink:
I can't believe I missed this one. Please Jeber - DON'T GO THERE!!!!!
Tell me what I should be looking for, and I'll go check again.
Now as far as where to look, don't you have one of those hermatically sealed rooms, free of dust, clutter, and other dangerous objects, kept at 65 degrees? If not, then you probably don't have one.________________________Afraid to Look :unsure:

I noticed in all lists of computer specs on all forums I go to that the wife nearly always gets the second best computer.  One even gets the third best because Linux is on the second best.One day all wives and girlfriends are going to revolt and take over the best computers.I'm very lucky that my "other half" doesn't even know how to turn on a computer.
Not at all true in this household. First off, my wife worked for years as end-usersupport, she has installed and maintained more computers than most people will ever see. I did software development. We both play online games togetherand so we always have the same hardware. For one thing, it makes findingand fixing problems a lot easier with identical setups.The hand-downs go to the kids!!! <_<

Home PC Brand: Home Built Case: Generic Power Supply: 398W Enermax Processor: AMD AthlonXP 2800+ Motherboard: Asus A7N8X (Nvidia Nforce 2) RAM: 1024 MB DDR PC3500 (400 Mhz) Harddrive: 80Gb Western Digital 7200rpm ATA100 Video: 128 Mb Radeon 9700 Pro Audio: Audigy 2 CDROM: 40x20x40 CD-RW drive Other: 6 USB 2.0 ports, 5 PCI slots, 1 8x AGP slot. OS: Windows XP ProfessionalAll performance, alll the timeWork PC Brand: Sun Microsystems Case: Rack mount Power Supply: Wouldn't know Processor: 16 UltraSparc III RAM: 4096 Mb Harddrive: Way more than I can count Video: Onboard Audio: Onboard CDROM: ? OS: Solaris 9 or Solaris 10 BetaBecause it just never has to be rebooted. I share my work Computer withabout 90 other developers.BTW, I work at a company whose url ends with sun.com ... <_<