Mac Antivirus software

Guest LilBambi

Guest LilBambi

Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition - Free antivirus that works simply and beautifully

As Apple products grow in popularity, they're increasingly attractive targets to the bad guys. Just check out the short history of Mac malware 1982-2011 to see what the hackers are up to.

New Version 8 now available! Even more full-featured with scheduled scanning, Live Anti-Virus and a new look and feel. If you're an existing user, you don't need to do anything—you'll be updated automatically.

Download now

Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition

That's one free one, and of course there is the Free VirusBarrier (non realtime scanning) available in the Mac AppStore as well as the full blown VirusBarrier for what is it $69? And there is the ClamXav for free as well (also non realtime scanning.

I would have listed Symantec but I am seeing too many issues with Lion and Snow Leopard right now.

Any others?

MacKeeper has a built-in AV application but I'm not sure how robust it is, or how up-to-date it's kept. So I still prefer Sophos. It's kept my Mac free of viruses so far.

Guest LilBambi

How long have you been using Sophos? Are you using the free home version? Do you use the realtime protection or turn that off and just scan on demand?

Is it hoggy? How much RAM on your Mac? Are you running Lion, Snow Leopard?

Gee whiz woman! You don't want much info do ya?!

o:)