Mozilla 1.6 Problems

jodef

Installed Mozilla 1.6 and the fonts suck uses adobe helvetica which really hurts my eyes.Believed last time I had similar problem was told to search for a gtk2 version didn't see any for Mozilla 1.6.Using Linux I would appreciate your assistance.

You can alsa use swaret to get those files in slackware.change the version setting in /etc/swaret.conf from 9.1 to current and:suswaret --upgrade mozilla

Not sure if I should have opened a new thread for this question or not, but since it has to do with fonts I stuck it in here. Here is the question. The other side of this machine has Mndrk 9.0 loaded in it and I am using the Mozilla Browser most of the time (Galeon and Konqueror also get involved). On the Mozilla home page the font size is excellent, easy to read, no problem, however when I come into the forums here it seems like the fonts have stopped by "Jenny Craig" for a size reduction. Is there a way/means of getting the font size to be more or less uniform throughout or am I asking for something that is not designed into the OS. :w00t: :w00t:

Have you tried setting the font size in mozilla? Go to edit/preferences/appearance/fonts if you haven't already. You may need to set a minimum font size.tranquilo

The other side of this machine has Mndrk 9.0 loaded in it and I am using the Mozilla Browser most of the time (Galeon and Konqueror also get involved). On the Mozilla home page the font size is excellent, easy to read, no problem, however when I come into the forums here it seems like the fonts have stopped by "Jenny Craig" for a size reduction. Is there a way/means of getting the font size to be more or less uniform throughout or am I asking for something that is not designed into the OS.
I have the same problem with slackware. I don't know of any permenant fixes, but this helps: View --> Text Zoom.

• 2 weeks later...
Installed Mozilla 1.6 and the fonts suck uses adobe helvetica which really hurts my eyes.Believed last time I had similar problem was told to search for a gtk2 version didn't see any for Mozilla 1.6.Using Linux I would appreciate your assistance.
Actually, upon further review, I seem to have found an XFT + GTK2 build hereI didn't try it, but it should work just fine :)