• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Owyn

• Bruno

• ross549

• zox

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been mostly away for a while, but decided to try this Live CD, since it was thought highly enough to make a sticky out of.I like it for the most part. I'm currently posting from it, which is going to get the MIS guys mad at me again. I have to do a little massaging of settings that they don't want me to know to get it connected to the web.I took Linux off of my work computer, but left the Swap partition for events such as this.I did notice one thing while it was starting up: It didn't like the Enable Swap command that it gave itself at startup. I think it's using it though. I monitored it and it seemed to.

I did notice one thing while it was starting up: It didn't like the Enable Swap command that it gave itself at startup.  I think it's using it though.  I monitored it and it seemed to.
Welcome back Trigg.The "free" command will confirm that you are using a swap file.Not sure what you mean by "the Enable Swap command....".

As it is loading, there is a mesage about swap..... linux is sqwacking about the swap not being the correct type.
Ah:Got it.LiveCD is booting with "resume=/dev/hda1" (Tex's configuration).Software Suspend for Linux complains (properly) that it does not have access to a proper swap file.

So if we know which partition the swap is on, can we use a cheatcode?
In theory, yes.In practice, no. I tested "livecd resume=/dev/hda5" and swsusp still complained.

OK. I just tried this at home on my ASUS i820 motherboard and it would not load the X-server. It seemed to recognize everything properly, but no nVidia splash screen, just a black screen that lasts forever. I can transfer to F1 though F6 for a command prompt, the nVidia driver just doesn't seem to want to work. Any suggestions?

livecd noluck

Perhaps there is some way to specify my monitor? I think Linux typically recognizes it incorrectly. It did find the right video card.I think the mouse is not being recognized correctly.

[zox@cookie zox]$ glxgears -infoGL_RENDERER = RADEON 8500 DDR x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSEGL_VERSION = 1.3 (X4.3.0-3.7.0)GL_VENDOR = ATI Technologies Inc.GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_compiled_verte x_array GL_S3_s3tc GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_texture _border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_ env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_en v_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_blen d GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_ele ment_array GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap GL_ATI_fragment_shader GL_ATI_map_object_buffer GL_ATI_pn_triangles GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_A TI_vertex_array_object GL_ATI_vertex_attrib_array_object GL_ATI_vertex_streams G L_ATIX_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATIX_texture_env_route GL_ATIX_vertex_shader_outp ut_point_size GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_func_separ ate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_dra w_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_sepa rate_specular_color GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texgen_reflection GL_EXT_texture3 D GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_cl amp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_ani sotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_shader GL_HP_occlusion_test GL_NV_texgen_refle ction GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_occlusion_query GL_SGI_color_matrix GL_SGIS_textu re_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIS_generate_ mipmap GL_SGIS_multitexture GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays10455 frames in 5.0 seconds = 2091.000 FPS12750 frames in 5.0 seconds = 2550.000 FPS12820 frames in 5.0 seconds = 2564.000 FPS12813 frames in 5.0 seconds = 2562.600 FPS9835 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1967.000 FPS12804 frames in 5.0 seconds = 2560.800 FPS12799 frames in 5.0 seconds = 2559.800 FPS12810 frames in 5.0 seconds = 2562.000 FPS12801 frames in 5.0 seconds = 2560.200 FPS12791 frames in 5.0 seconds = 2558.200 FPS12545 frames in 5.0 seconds = 2509.000 FPS13575 frames in 5.0 seconds = 2715.000 FPS12022 frames in 5.0 seconds = 2404.400 FPS >_< :huh: :( Yippiee!!!3D it is!My Radeon 8500 finally rocks!

Just type glxgears at the prompt and you will see if it is installed :DIf not installed, look for the Mesa and Mesa-demo packages . . . glxgears make part of itB) Bruno

Edited by Bruno

MESA was and now MESA-demo is installed too. Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visualOk, so that's where I stand.