Email Settings and Private Messages

GolfProRM

One more quick tip! :DAt the top of the page (between My Controls and View New Posts) is the New messages link. This will tell you if you have any private messages. If you click on the link, it'll load your message inbox. It's a great way to communicate with other members of the board without having to post a message for the world to see!I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that a dialog box will pop-up when you receive a message. If you're running Phoenix, that won't happen (thanks to the popup blocker). Also, if you check your Email settings (My Controls -> Email settings) you can set it to email you whenever you receive a private message. One last tip, if you're having any questions about features of the message board, click the Help button... it's got great simple descriptions of all the options on the board! Hope this helps! :)

I also just noticed that a sound is played when you receive a PM (don't usually have my sound turned up, so never noticed before). So if you hear a weird sound while you're browsing the boards, that's what it is! :D

Guest ComputerBob

Ryan,You're correct about the PM settings. Users may choose the following options for being notified of a new Private Message:[*] receive an email notification[*] have a pop-up appear the next time they visit the forums[*] both the email notification and the pop-up

So if you hear a weird sound while you're browsing the boards, that's what it is!
Thank gawd...I thought it was my dinner trying to get through my semi-colon. :blink: