Reformat a page while scaling all objects on the same page- Word 2003

ross549

• 2 months later...

This project has been on the back burner for some time. I have had other things come up at work that I needed to take care of. This was a "good if we can" kind of thing.

Adam

I've seen those "good if we can" projects that all of a sudden the boss wants to know why in the heck it isn't finished yet. :pirate:

• 3 months later...

Update to my previous post. If you're using Word 2007/2010, the following steps will work.

With your document open, click on the Home tab. On the far right, you'll the Editing group.

word2007selecto.png

This will activate the 'select' mode within Word. The ojective here is to "grab" as many of those objects as you can. So starting at the very top left corner (preferably somewhere within your margin area) or a blank area within your document, left click and drag your mouse cursor diagonally to the bottom corner opposite end.

Holy crap, that worked like a champ to select a whole reigon of objects!

This project is rearing its ugly head again, and I am doing something a bit different. However, that "select objects" is a lifesaver!

Once I get to moving my big diagram to the smaller page size, I will report on how quickly I can get it done. :)

Adam

Right. I have already saved several days worth of man-hours on this project already, and considering my ridiculous deadline (Friday), I am pushing ahead as quickly as possible, and should be able to finish on time.

Adam

I am a good time manager. I always look super busy when my boss is around, but in reality, I have everything planned out pretty well, so my workload is not bad for the rest of the week. I'll be done on time.... unless the unthinkable happens.

Adam