Need with CD Ripping

tenspeed

Hi All,I've spent most of the night trying the different CD Ripping packages (Grip & RipperX) they all want to rip it in format ogg. But I want it in an MP3 format. I think that ogg is only the only encoder on my libranet system. So with that being said, how do I get the MP3 format?Thanks AllJay

Do you have an mp3 encoder installed? If not, ripping to mp3 will probably not work.try:apt-cache search encoderapt-cache search mp3if you find an encoder, you apt-get is your friend.apt-get update && apt-get install name_of_packagetranquilo

I did as you suggested and I have plenty of players and burners, but I but I don't have a MP3 encoder. so what is a good on to use. It looks like the only one I have is ogg.Thanks

Hi JayI don´t remember what distro you are running, but if it is Mandrake the Lame ( or NotLame ) program is on your CD's . . . makes it easier to install :):) Bruno

Hi Bruno,I'm running Libranet (debian) I going to mess with it tonight again. tranquilo sent me to another apt-get to download lame. I think this is what I'm missing. I'll let everyone know how it goes.Jay