Google Preparing Robot Army at Secret Lab

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

15 Nov 2011 10:31 | by a staff writer | Filed in Hardware Google CIA

Google, the company that does what it wants, when it wants and how it wants, has a top-secret laboratory somewhere in the Bay Area where execs and researchers come together to decide the kind of innovations people might not want, but they're going to have.

The laboratory, dubbed Google X, reads like a wish-list from Alpha Centauri - featuring projects that really aren't that far away, like internet of things - up to the more outlandish like space elevators. A person familiar with the matter told the New York Times that, in terms of secrecy, it's not dissimilar to the CIA.

*From THIS article at TechEYE.net

Beware the Googlenator!

tumblr_lmtij9aPh61qjhdxbo1_400.jpg

What bothers me the most is what Google plans on doing with their vast amounts of user information and other data that it collects through their software. A lot of companies develop new products or ideas in low profile lest their competitors beat them to the punch. But why the necessity for such secrecy where armed security guards stand ready to thwart any curious visitors? Seems a bit excessive in my opinion. It's also very alarming how some of the Google executives & the federal government has developed such a cozy relationship. Very alarming indeed.

Sadly I doubt most people will really care anyways. The vast majority of the population are in ~love~ with Google and don't give a second thought about all their data privacy issues. It's because most of this is NOT covered in the main stream news channels. When was the last time one of the major channels (like CBS/NBC/ABC whatever) did a story on this? If anything they have given a 1-sentence or a 30 second sound byte - and that's all the coverage I have ever heard. The power of Google - if you guys don't think for a minute there is no propaganda in this country - think twice.

Edited by Tushman

V.T. Eric Layton
Sadly I doubt most people will really care anyways.

Myeh... the sheep are kept fat and ignorant. The few who notice the fleecing that goes on are quickly silenced. BAAAAA-AAAAA!

V.T. Eric Layton

Yup. We just had a conversation about this sort of topic at my uncles/aunts' coffee klatch that I go to every Wednesday. My uncle Pete is very politically aware and keeps abreast of everything going on around the world; but particularly in the U.S. He was arguing with my aunts who are of the opinion that nothing is any of their business. They just want to watch their soaps and read their romance novels and live their lives. They claim that none of that stuff my uncle is concerned with affects them in any way. They are the sheep.

When I see all these 99% protesters out there trying to make a difference, my first thought is that they are only 1% of the 99% because the other 98% are fat, ignorant sheep so busy with their own little lives that they don't even realize they're being herded down that chute to the slaughter... or at least a good fleecing. Sad. Keep 'em fed and ignorant. That's how you control the masses. That's how those in power keep (and increase) their power.