Optimized Linux Thunderbird Builds

nilson

I've just started making Thunderbird builds, and they will show up at http://www.pryan.org/thunderbird/nilson/ I will have a site up there soon, but for now you can tell what the builds are by the filenames.The most recent build is from yesterday, uses GTK2 and XFT2, and has freetype disabled (XFT is used instead). XFT+GTK2 = purdy fonts and clean interface.

Nilson, thanks, can you check please Athlon optimised Linux build of Firebird.I can't download it, it always gives me 0Kb file.Evey other downloads fine, thanks.

hmm, same here.... too bad I've already deleted it from my hard drive.I'm going to make an QAthlon-optimized Thunderbird and Firebird build now so you can just use that :)

I'll have to wait till tomorrow sometime or whenever the tree is fixed... someone broke the source and it won't compile either Thunderbird or Firebird.In fact, it's probably already fixed because all of the developers keep an eye on the tinderboxen.

I'm trying again today... I finally got my Mandrake upgraded to an SMP kernel, alothough no one knows if it can take advantage of my hyperthreading.... the kernel/boot settings of my computer are really weird/screwed up.Anyway, I'm trying to compile again today.