Optimized Linux Firebird Builds

nilson

Sounds cool this is what I love about linux communityNilson very new to linux so these questions might sound stupid?Using celeron processor would any of the optimzed builds be suitable?Also would like to keep settings if I tried it how exactly would I do that?Thx

Edited by jodef

Thanks Nilson, it is apreciated.However, last time I tried your nightly build I couldn't get it going.It was missing some files.I redownloaded it couple of times and same thing.Was I doing something wrong?It was build that you posted last time, I just didn't have time to post question at the time and forgot about it :( Thanks.

Sounds cool this is what I love about linux communityNilson very new to linux so these questions might sound stupid?Using celeron processor would any of the optimzed builds be suitable?Also would like to keep settings if I tried it how exactly would I do that?Thx
If i'm not totally mistaken, the PIII builds (and maybe P4 ones, depending on exactly which Celeron you have) should work with your processor. If its above 1.7 GHz (again, correct me if I'm wrong) then it should support SSE2, under I think only supports SSE.As for your settings question, what settings are you talking about? Bookmarks, user*.* settings, and some/most (depending on the extension author) extensions are kept in your profile. The profile is kept separate from the application directory, so as long as the profile stays in-tact (which it should), then your settings are fine.

Sorry for not replying for so long :whistling: I beleive that Steeler Fan is correct about the celeron processor thing. If you have a sub-1.7 ghz celeron, try a PIII build; if you have more than 1.7 ghz, a P4 build should do good.zox: I don't know... I use all of the builds I create. I don't know what could have been wrong. Have you tried downloading a different build and seeing if it works for you?

It appears that it was bad download but after another try it downloaded fine but still it wouldn't work.It just comes up in task bar for a ten seconds or so and it dissapears.It could be that I am using AthlonXP and this is Pentium 4 optimised build?? :whistling:

That's it... AthlonXP doesn't support SSE2 - this build only will work on Pentium4, Celeron (1.7GHz+), and Athlon64.You should have told me you were using AthlonXP. I will make you a build optimised for it :whistling:

Thanks. I downloaded the AthlonXP-optimized build for Windows.Help!My Firebird does not have scrollbars. (Both the one I downloaded and the one I previously used.) What do I do?

All I can reccommend is to back up ~/.phoenix/default/xxxxxx.slt/bookmarks.html, and then

rm -R -f ~/.phoenix

That deletes your profile... you don't have to back up your bookmarks if you don't want to.This fixes the problem for most people.

Nilson, thanks for Athlon build but unfortunately I can't download it.It always gives me 0Kb file.Every other build including athloxXP builds for Windows works.What am I, cursed?? :D