Selective email download

quark

I use Mailwasher to preview mail on the server before I download it, but it would be nice to have an email client that would selectively download email from the server, with the option to delete from server.I haven't seen one, does one exist?--------------oh yeah, i just found one in anothetr thread, perhaps 2, Clypso & Pegasus (I used to use Pegasus, don't recall that option)deletedelete button B)

Hmm,As far as I remember, the original Windows 95 came with an email client called Exchange that allowed you to selectively mark messages for download and deletion from the server. I can't remember if it had a preview though. It's been awhile since I used that app. :D

PocoMail does this among other things.
View mail on server Connect to your POP server and view the messages currently there without downloading them. You can then mark only certain ones for download, or delete others without having to download them at all. Great for checking your account from a secondary location without having to download all your mail.

Pegasus Mail <http://www.pmail.com/> have Selective Mail Download feature integrated.Feature first appeared in 1996 I think, ver 2.4x if memory serves (current ver is 4.1) And before that, as and add-on via separat extension called Populist.All the best,zimon

I use Mailwasher to preview mail on the server before I download it, but it would be nice to have an email client that would selectively download email from the server, with the option to delete from server.I haven't seen one, does one exist?--------------oh yeah, i just found one in anothetr thread, perhaps 2, Clypso & Pegasus (I used to use Pegasus, don't recall that option)deletedelete button :D
Hi quark, zimon is right on the money, the last couple of versions of Pegasus have had this feature. I use it all the time, you can mark for download or to be deleted as well. It's freeware, worth a try for sure.Chris