eth0 failure

rakemup

I've just installed Mint 11 Gnome 64-bit on my desktopI connected with no issues until I tried to follow this tip:http://www.rvdavid.net/how-to-get-gigab ... s+Blog+%29Now I can't connect at all. I tried to go back to the r8619 driver - but that doesn't seem to helpifconfig shows eth0 and loinxi -N shows Network: Card Realtek RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller driver r8169networking is definitely not my forteAny thoughts on how to fix this mess without a re-install.(sent from my laptop)THANKShere is that link again --- i see it doesn't work in the first posthttp://www.rvdavid.net/how-to-get-gigabit-...er%27s+Blog+%29

Guest LilBambi

If it was working fine, why did you want to mess with something that was working fine? Confused about that...Hope someone can help you. Looks like securitybreach is on the case. :yes:

Ha! I'll know better next time.The 1000 mbs vs 100 mbs got me ---- hook, line and sinker

If it was working fine, why did you want to mess with something that was working fine? Confused about that...Hope someone can help you. Looks like securitybreach is on the case. :yes:

Guest LilBambi
Ha! I'll know better next time.The 1000 mbs vs 100 mbs got me ---- hook, line and sinker
Heard that. Let's hope they can come up with an answer for you.My thought would be, you only just installed. and it would just be another what 40 mins to reinstall? If no easy fix is forthcoming, that might be a good solution.

securitybreach
If it was working fine, why did you want to mess with something that was working fine? Confused about that...Hope someone can help you. Looks like securitybreach is on the case. :D
I would of if I could, at the time I was at work just checking in to see what posts were made. B)

Issue solvedafter re-install of everything but the home directory I still had no ETH0 connection. The fix is pretty technical - so try to follow.I dis-connected the network cable from the pc and from the router - and then plugged it back in.Lesson learned - check the easy things first.

The link isn't working here. Can you copy and paste what it said. Or see if the link is still valid on your end. Without knowing exactly what you did, we can't tell you how to undo it.edit; Sorry for the crosspost. I didn't see that you had fixed the problem. Edited by lewmur