Ah... the Memories

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton
Guest LilBambi

Yes, that's one thing that is so cool about this forum. All the posts back to when it opened are still here. Just have to search to find them or manually choose to see all posts at the bottom of each forum listing.Wow...that was quite a while ago. Sometime within that first year of the forums I went from Outlook Express to Pegasus as noted here and here in Nov 2003. It was one of the happiest days when I found Thunderbird as can be seen a few months later in April 2004 here and here. Email and email handling was a big thing for me. It was hard to find a safe replacement for Outlook Express (Outlook Express actually did everything I wanted except keep me safe). Thunderbird was the perfect choice for me.Memory Lane... Thanks Eric! Was wondering the other day when I moved away from Outlook Express and you helped me narrow that down to about mid-2003. And when I moved to Thunderbird between Nov 2003 and April 2004. Likely based on things I said in these postings, it was sometime in January or February 2004. Likely I could fine tune that just from this forum alone. But that's close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades. :lol:

Guest LilBambi
OE was my fav email client until I came over to Linuxland. B)
I stayed in Windows for a bit longer than you did. :lol: And even when I moved to Linux, I just brought my Thunderbird profile with me. It was so easy! Same with the move to main computer to Mac, just brought over my Profile from Thunderbird and still use it. Same profile too BTW.I now use all three OSes depending on what I need to do.

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, I definitely have Win XP (for games) and Win 7 (for learning) around on my main system and my laptop. I probably won't ever be totally MS Win free. I need to keep up with things in that OS to assist non-Linux enabled friends and family. :lol:

securitybreach

Awesome Eric :hysterical: I love looking back at my old posts but it is really nice to see what everyone else's first post was as well.

V.T. Eric Layton

What a memory I have, huh? Like a steel fish net... with a hole in it. :hysterical: I can remember your darn avatar from eons ago, but I can't remember what I had for dinner last night. :hysterical:

What a memory I have, huh? Like a steel fish net... with a hole in it. :hysterical: I can remember your darn avatar from eons ago, but I can't remember what I had for dinner last night. :hysterical:
I thought you drank your dinner last night?

V.T. Eric Layton

+1 at BobNah, Norm. Them days is long gone. The next time I start drinking my dinner it'll be because I'll have no teeth and won't be trusted with utensils. :hysterical:

Guest LilBambi

I remember Adam's old avatar too! And what did I have for dinner? Hmmmm. Homemade Pizza tonight! Can't forget that!!! But last night..... ;)Actually wait, I remember now! It was homemade chicken gumbo!But beyond that... no idea!

It's pretty easy on this forum to look up ancient posts.
Yes, it really is! It's one of the great things about this forum software...

Guest LilBambi

Yep, great topic for sure Clutter! And I know what you mean! I still use all three main OSes, but the one I have the most fun with is Linux.

• 1 month later...

i just had an anniversary of my first post. it's also my linux anniversary. i'm a six year old Linux user.my first sentences. i think i've put the clues together nicely and now have a pretty good idea what the heck is going on :teehee: .

i just recently installed mandriva le2005 into my windows xp c drive. the install seems to have worked well. the problem now is that i have no clue what i'm doing. i have no idea how to use linux but i'm working at it.
http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.ph...c=13272&hl=

can i call myself a Highlander now? what initiation ritual must i pass? when i first came around many of the folks were talking about being a highlander and calling each other highlanders. i didn't understand what it was all about and just plain never got around to asking. i thought it was a private group or something. i've since found a thread explaining that the group was deciding on a nicname or something like that. gradually talk of the highlanders slowed down and i guess some of the original highlanders aren't around much anymore for various reasons. so without further ado, may i join the highlanders? i am of Scottish heritage if that helps.

Guest LilBambi
can i call myself a Highlander now? what initiation ritual must i pass? when i first came around many of the folks were talking about being a highlander and calling each other highlanders. i didn't understand what it was all about and just plain never got around to asking. i thought it was a private group or something. i've since found a thread explaining that the group was deciding on a nicname or something like that. gradually talk of the highlanders slowed down and i guess some of the original highlanders aren't around much anymore for various reasons. so without further ado, may i join the highlanders? i am of Scottish heritage if that helps.
If you are a member of Scot's Newsletter Forums (and you are), then you are a Highlander, just like the rest of us! :teehee: